So who watched the Floyd reunion?

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was the biggest Floyd fan in my teens and I waited for this day for a long, long time.
I thought they sounded fantastic, great set and they even smiled a few times. Now for the rant, what the fuck were they thinking going to commercial in the middle of Comfortably Numb? I swear someone should get fired for that move, a band reunites after 23 years and you go to commercial, give me a break, why not bump any one else?
So who thinks they are making plan to tour? I might have to quit my job and hit the road for a year :)
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i saw it, the coverage was terrible.
  • LetiLeti Posts: 25
    I saw them on MTV. They played the whole thing. I then flipped later to a local station that played Money.

I would absolutely love it if they went on tour. The last time I saw them, without Rodger, they played at Rice Stadium.

It was an outdoor concert. The weather rolled in a storm as they were playing. I swear the thunder and lightening were playing along with the music.

I know what your thinking! But there were plenty of other people there not frying who said the same thing. It was the best experience ever! I wish it had lasted longer.
    09.05.92 / 10.14.00 / 04.06.03 / 05.16.06 / 05.17.06

Leti
  • dreadheaddreadhead Posts: 64
    i managed to catch it live, but live here was six oclock on sunday mourning, however it was a very good start to my day and definately put a smile on my face. i thought it was excellent and i thought that the crowd really dug it too.
    "I wish I was Australian at home under the sun" Eddie- Perth 03
  • Gilmore or Waters was interviewed and asked whats the next step for the reunion. Going to do a full tour? And his responce was no, its sort of like sleeping with your exwife.

I don't think I'd be holding my breath.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    Yea I watched it live on TV! It was pretty amazing to have first watched The Who and then get a good dose of the Floyd!

I nearly exploded with pleasure :D
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • The BBC coverage was good. They showed most sets in their entirety throughout the day. I thought the Floyd were superb.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    So it looks like only the CST zone folks in the USA got screwed, MTV messed this one up big time, they cut into Floyd the first time to talk about T-shirts, then went back for a few and cut out for good to go to commercial. Oh well, I guess I waited 23 years whats the big deal right? LOL

I heard the same interview and Waters was IMO was having to much fun not to consider touring, besides how good does Gilmour sound, they guy is simply a pleasure to listen to after all these years. I wish I could say the same for the rest of our aging rock stars ;)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    There was a Floyd reunion?
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • i watched it on the internet because i knew the tv coverage was terrible.

floyd (and the who as well) were amazing... (especially floyd)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • man, this should have been publicized a bit more. i didn't know it was going to be on tv!!
    knowledge is a tree
    it's growing up just like me.