Saw Billy Corgan last night.....

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Great show!
He played the Vic Theater in Chicago, his second home for those who aren't familar with Chi-town.
The place is tiny and it was sold out, a film crew had about 7 cameras placed all over, we managed to get almost all the way to the front.
Billy had a really weird set up for this tour and album, no amps, everything went straight from his guitar to his pedal boards to a Mac on stage. The Imac was set up so everyone in the front could easily see it, pretty cool. They had an electric drum kit and 3 keyboards. Billy's voice was right on, he sounded as good as he ever has. The guitar tone was simply beautiful, and I hate digital tone, but his fingers are amazing. I tried to get pics of his board, but they were angled so you couldn't see, but he was sticking 2 or 3 fuzz boxes at a time and using whammy pedals and a couple different chorus and octave up pedals. He managed to solo in just about every song and he looked like he was having fun.
SOmewhere in the middle of the first tune he was bending the low E behind the nut and split his strumming thumb wind open, it was gushing blood. He played the rest of the show with blood oozing all over the place. I always thought he was kind of soft, but he handled it well and just kept on smiling like he was in disbeleif.
The encore was an amazing rendition of Hail Mary and a song I have never heard before that seemed to be about all the BS that has gone on with the Pumpkins and how he wants them to reunite.
Anyway, if he comes through your town go check him out I think you will dig it.
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Sounds awesome.

I love watching Billy play guitar it looks effortless. What a weird set up you described. I would love it if the pumpkins got back together for some rock. I think Billy doesn't need any help to keep playing on the extremely progressive side. If he gets back with the pumpkins (which will now include chamberlain) it should be for some good fuzzed to hell rock music.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I miss Chicago for sure.

I signed up for the Marathon yesterday... so I will be back there in October... and likely December as well for the holidays.

Live music is good for the soul. I am hoping to catch the Black Keys in St. Louis... they are playing the night before my wedding.
    There's No Code.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    House53 wrote:
    I miss Chicago for sure.

I signed up for the Marathon yesterday... so I will be back there in October... and likely December as well for the holidays.

Live music is good for the soul. I am hoping to catch the Black Keys in St. Louis... they are playing the night before my wedding.

Let me know when you come in to town, I'll fatten you up for the race :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board