Area 51 and Toneczar pedals

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey Pac you ever hear any of the above?

http://www.toneczareffects.com/lg-pedals.htm

Area51 has a tube trem that looks really well built, no samples anywhere on the net.

By the way, Radiohead uses a ton of trem, you know what gear they use?
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    heard of yes, seen or played no.

I'm not completely up on Johnny Greenwoods gear. Ex used to be.

I'd definately check out http://www.4mspedals.com basically it's a modders site and paradise, but if you're looking to emulate some radiohead stuff it's definately in there.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    heard of yes, seen or played no.

I'm not completely up on Johnny Greenwoods gear. Ex used to be.

I'd definately check out http://www.4mspedals.com basically it's a modders site and paradise, but if you're looking to emulate some radiohead stuff it's definately in there.

You are the man!
    There are so many boutique builders now its insane to try and keep up with them all.

I guess the Area 51 is a trem that gets hooked up to the amp, its not a true pedal. Being tube powered has got to be an advantage, and will probably yeild as close a tone to the brown faces as possible, but its not exactly what I want.

4mspedals.com is a neat site, I will have to dig in this afternoon.

According to all my buds, Radiohead uses dunlop trem's, I find it hard to believe.

Its also not a small stone, I don't care what any of the sites say. There is no way to get a trem effect from a small stone. You can get the full wobble but thats it.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    well most of the tube trems are probably brown face inspired.

If I were you I'd look for something I could swap waveforms with like the fulltone or a voodoo lab even the modded versions of the boss from keeley or analogman.

you can see a list of users on mike's site.

The tremulous lune is just insane.

tubes will warm up and round over the sound quite a bit.

Don't write off the Dunlop tremolo though. it's a good pedal, lots of folks use it.

I just tend to think that it could be better, given JD's track record. I'd imagine someone like Telesonic could really make it sound good by improving the caps and resistors and such.

you can change waveforms and it you can pan in stereo with it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    well most of the tube trems are probably brown face inspired.

If I were you I'd look for something I could swap waveforms with like the fulltone or a voodoo lab even the modded versions of the boss from keeley or analogman.

you can see a list of users on mike's site.

The tremulous lune is just insane.

tubes will warm up and round over the sound quite a bit.

Don't write off the Dunlop tremolo though. it's a good pedal, lots of folks use it.

I just tend to think that it could be better, given JD's track record. I'd imagine someone like Telesonic could really make it sound good by improving the caps and resistors and such.

you can change waveforms and it you can pan in stereo with it.

I think the Fulltone is leading the pack, too many use it and Fulltone has a great rep.

Does that mean you like the Tremulous Lune? I tend to use insane to descire cool effects I will very rarely use like Zvex.

Do you agree that there is no way a small stone can produce that sound?

I am thinking someone needs to buy some of these pedals for a real test, I hope they take returns LOL

Dunlop has got to have the worst rep out there, I hear the same thing from everyone, and the build quality is sub par even on his custom pedals. That is not to say I would write him off, but for the money he charges I think he is overpriced.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by JofZ
    Hey Pac you ever hear any of the above?

http://www.toneczareffects.com/lg-pedals.htm

Area51 has a tube trem that looks really well built, no samples anywhere on the net.

By the way, Radiohead uses a ton of trem, you know what gear they use?

http://www.greenplastic.com/depot/gear/index.php

This will get you to Radiohead's gear.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Originally posted by puremagic
    http://www.greenplastic.com/depot/gear/index.php

This will get you to Radiohead's gear.

Thank you, I looked at it before and I don't think its accurate. Just my opinion, and I have been wrong before :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

If you're looking for a badass quality tremolo. I'd say the Fulltone or the modified boss or the voodoo lab tremolo would be the way to go.

I don't think you can get tremolo out of a small stone, it's a phaser it's just not built for it.

the tlune is more greenwood style, modifying all sorts of charastics. It's more in the weird ass (read cool sounding but not standard) Z vex category.

this is the analogman version of the boss.

http://www.analogman.com/boss.htm#tr2

Personally I think you are leaning towards fulltone though. At least if you do buy the Fulltone and don't like it, you won't lose any money. It's likely to hold it's value.
    If you're looking for a badass quality tremolo. I'd say the Fulltone or the modified boss or the voodoo lab tremolo would be the way to go.

I don't think you can get tremolo out of a small stone, it's a phaser it's just not built for it.

the tlune is more greenwood style, modifying all sorts of charastics. It's more in the weird ass (read cool sounding but not standard) Z vex category.

this is the analogman version of the boss.

http://www.analogman.com/boss.htm#tr2

Personally I think you are leaning towards fulltone though. At least if you do buy the Fulltone and don't like it, you won't lose any money. It's likely to hold it's value.

Exactly what I was thinking. There are a lot of people using the Analogman boss pedal, I just think the Fulltone sounds better.

It is too bad the ZVEX trem is a theramin, otherwise it would be a good one to buy. The Zvex Seek-trem has way too many knobs, I doubt I could go through them on the fly, the Fuzz Factory is a big enough pain :)

I sent Dann an email about the 4ms pedal, I don't think he has any completed for sale, then again I am not sure I would want an apprenticed built pedal.

The Swamp Thang is too swampy, I guess we knew that. I think the Voodoo Labs is a great sound, but not built as well as the fulltone.

What about Demeter?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Exactly what I was thinking. There are a lot of people using the Analogman boss pedal, I just think the Fulltone sounds better.

It is too bad the ZVEX trem is a theramin, otherwise it would be a good one to buy. The Zvex Seek-trem has way too many knobs, I doubt I could go through them on the fly, the Fuzz Factory is a big enough pain :)

I sent Dann an email about the 4ms pedal, I don't think he has any completed for sale, then again I am not sure I would want an apprenticed built pedal.

The Swamp Thang is too swampy, I guess we knew that. I think the Voodoo Labs is a great sound, but not built as well as the fulltone.

What about Demeter?

Ben Harper uses Demeter Amps. They are quality sure, but essentially why not just go ahead and get the fulltone?
    Ben Harper uses Demeter Amps. They are quality sure, but essentially why not just go ahead and get the fulltone?

I am sure the Fulltone is the one, I was curious if you heard the Demeter, many have said its a fulltone clone. I like being different LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

I am sure the Fulltone is the one, I was curious if you heard the Demeter, many have said its a fulltone clone. I like being different LOL

one more.

http://www.tonefactor.com/proddetail.php?prod=tremit
    one more.

http://www.tonefactor.com/proddetail.php?prod=tremit

good reviews, but no sound samples. I will look into it. One thing is for sure the size is perfect.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?