Retro-Sonic Chorus Ensemble

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone ever hear it?
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It's brand new. Looks nice though. BBD (bucket brigade) chip.

should be about as close as it gets to the old Boss CE-1 if you like that pedal.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    It's brand new. Looks nice though. BBD (bucket brigade) chip.

should be about as close as it gets to the old Boss CE-1 if you like that pedal.

Thanks, I know nothing about Retro Sonic, but the pedal looks nice. Samples are supposed to be up soon.

I really want the chorus sound of a leslie, anything you would recomend I look at?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    Originally posted by JofZ
    Thanks, I know nothing about Retro Sonic, but the pedal looks nice. Samples are supposed to be up soon.

I really want the chorus sound of a leslie, anything you would recomend I look at?

A leslie speaker. :)

The Hughes and Kettner Rotosphere. (Mike)

Option 5 Destination Rotation.

The Electro Harmonix Wiggler.

oh and if you're going after more of a chorus sound, the Analogman Clone Chorus is nice.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    one of the many uni-vibe clones would work too.
    A leslie speaker. :)

The Hughes and Kettner Rotosphere. (Mike)

Option 5 Destination Rotation.

The Electro Harmonix Wiggler.

oh and if you're going after more of a chorus sound, the Analogman Clone Chorus is nice.

Thank you!

Hughes is probably the way to go, no?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Thank you!

Hughes is probably the way to go, no?

I would say so. If you want more of a phasey swirly tone though Ex's suggestion is better. you may a/b the H&K with a Fulltone Dejavibe or deja2. That would be my suggestion.
    I would say so. If you want more of a phasey swirly tone though Ex's suggestion is better. you may a/b the H&K with a Fulltone Dejavibe or deja2. That would be my suggestion.

Which one will give me the abbey road sound?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Which one will give me the abbey road sound?

well I'm not sure which abbey road sound, but I'd say the H&K would be closer. I think you're more or less looking for the cleaner rotating speaker sound rather than the thicker more swirly Hendrix/Trower sound.

listen to the clips of the stuff at http://www.custom-sounds.com specifically voodoo labs

they make a vibe pedal. If it's more phasey than you will get the H&K. The actually leslie speaker creates a doppler effect. the Univibe was a terrible attempt at a leslie sound from a smaller box. So terrible in fact that it was cool and became it's own animal.

I believe soundclips for the H&K are available in real audio at http://www.musiciansfriend.com
    well I'm not sure which abbey road sound, but I'd say the H&K would be closer. I think you're more or less looking for the cleaner rotating speaker sound rather than the thicker more swirly Hendrix/Trower sound.

listen to the clips of the stuff at http://www.custom-sounds.com specifically voodoo labs

they make a vibe pedal. If it's more phasey than you will get the H&K. The actually leslie speaker creates a doppler effect. the Univibe was a terrible attempt at a leslie sound from a smaller box. So terrible in fact that it was cool and became it's own animal.

I believe soundclips for the H&K are available in real audio at http://www.musiciansfriend.com

I think the H&K is probably the only one that will give me the sounds I want. I am going to have to go play one.
    Thanks again!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

I think the H&K is probably the only one that will give me the sounds I want. I am going to have to go play one.
    Thanks again!

anytime. It's the most leslie like pedal I know of. They are kind of expensive.
    anytime. It's the most leslie like pedal I know of. They are kind of expensive.

everything is expensive, this is almost as bad as cars :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?