got 26K burning a hole in your pocket?

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Oh that's just fucking ridiculously insane.

That being said. If I was a rock star with my own studio. I'd buy it and write it off on my taxes.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Gus_3218Gus_3218 Posts: 59
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Oh that's just fucking ridiculously insane.

That being said. If I was a rock star with my own studio. I'd buy it and write it off on my taxes.

then SMASH it! yeh!
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
    Originally posted by Gus_3218
    then SMASH it! yeh!

no, hell no, no no no no no.

If there were a holy grail of amplifiers, that'd be it.

there are plenty of other expensive more fun things to smash.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    I still can't believe how much it is going for. We should all pitch in and take turns, fractional AMP ownership baby!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    Originally posted by JofZ
    I still can't believe how much it is going for. We should all pitch in and take turns, fractional AMP ownership baby!

No bids yet. I've seen dumble "heads" at around 10 to 15 grand.

we'll see if they get it. Probably likely. Just not from us normal folks.

you could trade your Dinan for it.

For almost 27 grand, I can think of a few amps I'd buy over it. I'd probably get one custom built just for me for much less.
    No bids yet. I've seen dumble "heads" at around 10 to 15 grand.

we'll see if they get it. Probably likely. Just not from us normal folks.

you could trade your Dinan for it.

For almost 27 grand, I can think of a few amps I'd buy over it. I'd probably get one custom built just for me for much less.

26K is a ton of cash for an amp, it better perform damn good oral sex for that kind of cash LOL

I would buy a matchless, and 2 vintage axes for the same cash.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

26K is a ton of cash for an amp, it better perform damn good oral sex for that kind of cash LOL

I would buy a matchless, and 2 vintage axes for the same cash.

well there are some other custom manufacturers that could build one near as well now it's just the fame of it all. I personally think Mad Professor, Diezel, Two Rock, and others could get close. Diezel needs to work on the cosmetics. But damn if the VH-4 dosen't sound good.

Hell Dr. Z or even Matamp could probably do it as well if given the time.

There are quite a few Dumble copies out there.

I love Matchless.

We don't talk enough about crap that's way to expensive for everyone but rock stars around here.
    well there are some other custom manufacturers that could build one near as well now it's just the fame of it all. I personally think Mad Professor, Diezel, Two Rock, and others could get close. Diezel needs to work on the cosmetics. But damn if the VH-4 dosen't sound good.

Hell Dr. Z or even Matamp could probably do it as well if given the time.

There are quite a few Dumble copies out there.

I love Matchless.

We don't talk enough about crap that's way to expensive for everyone but rock stars around here.

The expensive shit is what keeps me interested. I am just amazed by the tone. Hell we all need something to aspire to, or look forward to. Who knows maybe one day I can afford one.

Two Rock is some expensive stuff, I hear they are just amazing. But Matchless is my next amp, they are just perfect IMO.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

The expensive shit is what keeps me interested. I am just amazed by the tone. Hell we all need something to aspire to, or look forward to. Who knows maybe one day I can afford one.

Two Rock is some expensive stuff, I hear they are just amazing. But Matchless is my next amp, they are just perfect IMO.

yeah, indeed. Matchless makes a several outstanding amplifiers. I'd love to have a Cheiftan.

http://www.fatsoundguitars.com/store/index.html

there's a two rock in here with a two rock cab (tone tubbies) for $3500
    yeah, indeed. Matchless makes a several outstanding amplifiers. I'd love to have a Cheiftan.

http://www.fatsoundguitars.com/store/index.html

there's a two rock in here with a two rock cab (tone tubbies) for $3500
    Yep, the Cheiftan is the shit.
    The Two Rock amps are really nice, probably just as good as anythign out there. What's another grand when you are in that price range?
    There is another Dumble on ebay and its much better for the price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3743615469&category=2384&sspagename=rvi:1:2
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Yep, the Cheiftan is the shit.
    The Two Rock amps are really nice, probably just as good as anythign out there. What's another grand when you are in that price range?
    There is another Dumble on ebay and its much better for the price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3743615469&category=2384&sspagename=rvi:1:2

The other one is twice as much because it was handbuilt and signed by Howard Dumble. That's the difference. This one is team built.
    The other one is twice as much because it was handbuilt and signed by Howard Dumble. That's the difference. This one is team built.

Is it worth the extra 10K?
    You could buy this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=3743564600&rd=1
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Is it worth the extra 10K?
    You could buy this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=3743564600&rd=1

to me it's not to a collector it would be.

that tonesmith is cool.
    to me it's not to a collector it would be.

that tonesmith is cool.

didn't think so :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I'd just get about 10-15 Fender, Marshall, Vox and THD amps and then get a mess o' cabinets to go with them, and have a custom amp-to-cabinet router system built for me.

Or maybe look for a used BMW M3.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I'd just get about 10-15 Fender, Marshall, Vox and THD amps and then get a mess o' cabinets to go with them, and have a custom amp-to-cabinet router system built for me.

Or maybe look for a used BMW M3.

Would you accept a used silver BMW DINAN 540i?
    Would you accept a used silver BMW DINAN 540i?

LOL, or a used X5?
    The Dinan car sold this week.

I also found out a cousin of mine owns a vintage guitar shop on the east coast. Brass Gear?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

LOL, or a used X5?
    The Dinan car sold this week.

I also found out a cousin of mine owns a vintage guitar shop on the east coast. Brass Gear?

ha, cool on both.

you already got the X5? Family guy Eh?
    A BMW SUV?

If that isn't a fuckin' oxymoron... I don't know what is...

And while the name "Dinan" perks my post-pubescent ears...

The alphanumeric "540i" deflates my... interest...

That's like a sports car for a guy with kids. Ewww...

No, I want the M3. Small, tight, quick and nimble. I love my women...

I MEAN CARS! CARS!

Love my cars like that.
    A BMW SUV?

If that isn't a fuckin' oxymoron... I don't know what is...

And while the name "Dinan" perks my post-pubescent ears...

The alphanumeric "540i" deflates my... interest...

That's like a sports car for a guy with kids. Ewww...

No, I want the M3. Small, tight, quick and nimble. I love my women...

I MEAN CARS! CARS!

Love my cars like that.

clearly you've never driven a Dinan 540i. There are many people with very expensive porsches that weep on the interstate. The extra seats are for the bitches you're hauling around. :)

Seriously though, I'm with you on the M3 and the women I'm a one woman man I like the small, tight, quick and nimble

Oh by the way I saw a new Lotus Elise in the mountains last weekend. Wow. now that is a bad ass go kart.

I'd put money on the X5 being the wife's ride.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Reminder, slap a kiss on the old Fuchs. You guys get mean when it comes to your equipment (guitar) don't you?
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • cltaylor12cltaylor12 Posts: 125
    It looks like that item has been pulled from eBay's db....
    clearly you've never driven a Dinan 540i. There are many people with very expensive porsches that weep on the interstate. The extra seats are for the bitches you're hauling around. :)

Seriously though, I'm with you on the M3 and the women I'm a one woman man I like the small, tight, quick and nimble

Oh by the way I saw a new Lotus Elise in the mountains last weekend. Wow. now that is a bad ass go kart.

I like small cars with an emphasis on handling. Porsches are my primary loves... all-wheel drive, boxer motor, 50/50 weight balance, wicked grip (over 1.0 g on the skidpad)... There are faster cars, flashier cars... but that's the car for a drive on the California coast. RUF Rturbo, anyone?

http://www.ruf-automobile.de/english/index1.htm

I like a car that fits like a fine leather driving glove... not cramped, but always at your fingertips. The shifter, the pedals, the steering wheel, the audio controls... a seat that envelops you with firm lateral support... good sightlines...

And something that's not flashy. Very little talk, a whole lotta walk... No Enzo for MIG.

Any guy who ever saw "Pretty Woman" knows that the Lotus was WAY hotter than Julia Roberts. I'd probably rather have the Esprit... but the Elise is a bad-ass car. Doesn't it use the Honda motor from the S2000? And like hardly any curb weight?
    I like small cars with an emphasis on handling. Porsches are my primary loves... all-wheel drive, boxer motor, 50/50 weight balance, wicked grip (over 1.0 g on the skidpad)... There are faster cars, flashier cars... but that's the car for a drive on the California coast. RUF Rturbo, anyone?

http://www.ruf-automobile.de/english/index1.htm

I like a car that fits like a fine leather driving glove... not cramped, but always at your fingertips. The shifter, the pedals, the steering wheel, the audio controls... a seat that envelops you with firm lateral support... good sightlines...

And something that's not flashy. Very little talk, a whole lotta walk... No Enzo for MIG.

Any guy who ever saw "Pretty Woman" knows that the Lotus was WAY hotter than Julia Roberts. I'd probably rather have the Esprit... but the Elise is a bad-ass car. Doesn't it use the Honda motor from the S2000? And like hardly any curb weight?

Close, It's a toyota powerplant. VVT-I. Celica engine, I believe with a little extra sauce. The damn thing is practicall all aluminum, not too flashy but it's hard not to be flashy. It's the baddest go cart ever. The closest you can get to a street legal sprint car. Skid Pad grip at over 1 G. The Esprit is way to conspicuous and old. The Elise is $35,000 of pure bliss as is the new Vette. Damn an S 2000 engine in the Elise would be even better. Car and Driver creamed all over it. Not blisteringly fast but close to motorcycle quick.
    Close, It's a toyota powerplant. VVT-I. Celica engine, I believe with a little extra sauce. The damn thing is practicall all aluminum, not too flashy but it's hard not to be flashy. It's the baddest go cart ever. The closest you can get to a street legal sprint car. Skid Pad grip at over 1 G. The Esprit is way to conspicuous and old. The Elise is $35,000 of pure bliss as is the new Vette. Damn an S 2000 engine in the Elise would be even better. Car and Driver creamed all over it. Not blisteringly fast but close to motorcycle quick.

I knew it was either the new Honda motor, or the Toyota. Either way... its a fast motor in a featherweight car.

I just fell in love with the Esprit years ago... sentimental value...

I'd probably take the new Mustang over the new Vette, if I had $35,000 to spend on a domestic.

I know C&D was crazy over the new Elise... I subscribe ;)

I was just watching a show on TLC where a guy took a '32 Ford coupe and made it all-wheel-drive with a blown small-block Chevy V-8. 0-60 sprints in 2.9 seconds (faster than an Enzo) and 60-120 passes in 1.9 seconds. Holy fucking shit.
    I knew it was either the new Honda motor, or the Toyota. Either way... its a fast motor in a featherweight car.

I just fell in love with the Esprit years ago... sentimental value...

I'd probably take the new Mustang over the new Vette, if I had $35,000 to spend on a domestic.

I know C&D was crazy over the new Elise... I subscribe ;)

I was just watching a show on TLC where a guy took a '32 Ford coupe and made it all-wheel-drive with a blown small-block Chevy V-8. 0-60 sprints in 2.9 seconds (faster than an Enzo) and 60-120 passes in 1.9 seconds. Holy fucking shit.

wow! after 6 years of driving the accord, I don't know if I'd have the balls to do 0-60 in 2.9. 60-120 is better than most jets!

speaking of balls..... http://www.gbase.com/gearlist/guitar_picture.asp?guitar=536161&home=dealer

My Dinan 540i smokes just about anything within reason. I can easily take the M5, 911, M3 and STi/EVo's. Its not even funny how fast the car is, oh and by the way. I can get more then 3 golf bags in the car, can carry 5 adults and take all my gear in style. You just can't do it with anything else.

With that being said, the X5 is a station wagon not an SUV. I told my wife it was an SUV so she would drive it LOL. If you haven't driven one, go to the stealer and give her a shot. I can push the X5 almost as hard as any sedan and it loves to be beaten on.

I also sold the Dinan yesterday, and replaced it with a black/black M3 coupe. I got the car under invoice so I had to do it.

Everythig is gone but the X5 and M3.

I am probably going to replace the X5 in may with a Cayenne Turbo, as that thing has monster balls and guys are puching 650hp with a computer programming.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

speaking of balls..... http://www.gbase.com/gearlist/guitar_picture.asp?guitar=536161&home=dealer

The perfect amp for someone looking to cover early AC/DC tone...

I'm ever upper class high society
    God's gift to ballroom notoriety
    I always fill my ballroom
    The event is never small
    The social pages say I've got
    The biggest balls of all

I've got big balls
    I've got big balls
    And they're such big balls
    Dirty big balls
    And he's got big balls
    And she's got big balls
    But we've got the biggest balls of them all

And my balls are always bouncing
    My ballroom always full
    And everybody cums and cums again
    If your name is on the guest list
    No one can take you higher
    Everybody says I've got
    Great balls of fire

I've got big balls
    I've got big balls
    Dirty big balls
    And he's got big balls
    And she's got big balls

Some balls are held for charity
    And some for fancy dress
    But when they're held for pleasure
    They're the balls that I like best
    My balls are always bouncing
    To the left and to the right
    It's my belief that my big balls
    Should be held every night

I've got big balls
    I've got big balls
    Dirty big balls
    And he's got big balls
    And she's got big balls
    The perfect amp for someone looking to cover early AC/DC tone...

I'm ever upper class high society
    God's gift to ballroom notoriety
    I always fill my ballroom
    The event is never small
    The social pages say I've got
    The biggest balls of all

I've got big balls
    I've got big balls
    Dirty big balls
    And he's got big balls
    And she's got big balls

And my balls are always bouncing
    My ballroom always full
    And everybody cums and cums again
    If your name is on the guest list
    No one can take you higher
    Everybody says I've got
    Great balls of fire

I've got big balls
    I've got big balls
    Dirty big balls
    And he's got big balls
    And she's got big balls

Some balls are held for charity
    And some for fancy dress
    But when they're held for pleasure
    They're the balls that I like best
    My balls are always bouncing
    To the left and to the right
    It's my belief that my big balls
    Should be held every night

I've got big balls
    I've got big balls
    Dirty big balls
    And he's got big balls
    And she's got big balls

only the best Karyoke song ever!