Which one do you like?

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I need to pick one up on Friday, both have equal tone and unplugged acoustics. Fret boards are about the same. The Cherry is leading right now as the top is very authentic, it looks like 3 or 4 from BOTB. Plus Mike has a WC :)

cherryburstflame.jpg

95471BLUE.jpg

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    hard to tell since the second picture is so much better able to show the guitar off.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    since you have a tea burst, I'd go with the cherry.

as for me, I love 3 color bursts so I kind of prefer the bottom pic
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    they are both burst shots, yeah 2nd pic is better quality, but not much better.
    Top one is an 05 R9 Murphy washed Cherry with tiger flame, curl similar to Pearly Gates, aka Mr. Gibbons Axe
    The 2nd one is a beautiful 05 Murphy tobbacco burst with wild flame, not very authentic, but Murphy doesn't do many TBs.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i prefer the tobacco but it's just a personal preference. never liked the cherry burst.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Yeah the flame is more natural looking and consistant on the HC.

They are both stunningly beautiful. So which do you prefer, Brunettes or Blondes?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    It is a really hard decision, but here is some more info.
    The cherry is in Chicago so I can play it and compare it to others. The TB is on the East Coast, the dealer is very good, so I trust his opinion of it tone wise. But, I can't play it, he will give me 24 hours for approval with shipping being my cost.
    Plus the TB is 600 more, which is only because he is a smaller dealer and can't compete price wise.
    So the cherry just keeps getting better, plus I can drive it home HUGE bonus!
    If anyone has the BOTB book check out page 77 and tell me what you think.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Dude, don't you have enough guitars now.....will the buying never end? *waving amulet* you will give me some of your guitars
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    nailz100 wrote:
    Dude, don't you have enough guitars now.....will the buying never end? *waving amulet* you will give me some of your guitars
    You are always welcome to come hang out :)
    do some windy city carp fishing ;)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

*waving amulet* I said guitars not carp....give me your guitars

Haha, can't wait to head to the coast to do some pink salmon flyfishing
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I like the tobacco burst as well...
    There's No Code.
    Thanks guys for all the comments, I had to let one go and it was the TB. I just couldn't justify the extra $600 and shipping. Plus if I must have a TB I think I would buy a Duane. Oh well, I am sure I will kick myself but the WC already apprasied for 2700 more then I paid for it :)
    Thanks again!!
    Open invite to anyone who comes through Chitown! Carp fishing and Nova Lox on me LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Too windy to flyfish....
    nailz100 wrote:
    Too windy to flyfish....

No way, I do it all the time. Windy city was a nick name given to us because of politics not the weather, many don't know thhis :)
    It is actually really nice unless you are on the big lake and I am not sure you could catch anything on the big lake. I have a little resevoir I fly fish in, it is right down town kinda silly, but there is a huge pipe dumping water into it and the carp collect there to eat, it is a field day every time. I am flyfishing and peole are running, doing ghey ass sheet all around me, looking at me like I am half retarded. Last time I went there was another guy flyfishing there as well. We were landing carp left and right, long fights and great couple hours.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?