Pac?

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
you hear from Sean, I know he is out of town, just curious.
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    no not yet. I also lost the cusack screamer fuzz too so screw it. I'm just gonna donate some money to the red cross then buy an SS DD or that BBB and the Majic Boy when/if he gets back to me.

The bonus check is here so the e-mail is going out to Bill Nash this weekend.

:D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    no not yet. I also lost the cusack screamer fuzz too so screw it. I'm just gonna donate some money to the red cross then buy an SS DD or that BBB and the Majic Boy when/if he gets back to me.

The bonus check is here so the e-mail is going out to Bill Nash this weekend.

:D

I have gotten a ton of requests for Sean, and I know he gets back the 15th. Your request was bumped to the top of my list, so he should get back to you asap, have faith grass hopper!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:
    I have gotten a ton of requests for Sean, and I know he gets back the 15th. Your request was bumped to the top of my list, so he should get back to you asap, have faith grass hopper!

I thank you kind sir.

I just spent my lunch hour at the guitar shop. Those guys just lack passion and didn't really know the equipment all that well. I was somewhat disheartened but I stayed quiet out of respect. Guy comes in and he's got a Fender Cyber Deluxe (gag me) so obviously he's been duped by some hack. He tips the guy off saying I want to get into tube amps and while I don't really want to spend a lot of money, it's not really an object. (he also drops that he just spent 5 months waiting on a custom shop 69 strat) The sales0 guy spends 15 minutes talking up the Crate Vintage series. Then when the customer tips him off that he's got a little scrilla he starts talking up the Mesa Lone Stars..... I just shake and hang my head. The mesa is great right, but if this guy can't figure out a Cyber Deluxe he's going to be lost with the mesa, he obviously does not know how to achieve the tone he wants and he needs some help. There is a bogner shiva not 3 ft away at the low low price of $2219 a perfect example of what an EL-34 amp can be, then he's got every new mesa amp in the cateloge and he's talking about how great the Crate is for the money because it's in HIS price range? Geez. Then, the sales guy goes the Crate VT 30 is an EL-84 amp, the EL-84 is kind of a blend between a 6L6 and an EL-34? WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!!! I've really got to start moonlighting again, it's a poverty that people can't find quality help. The EL-84 isn't even slightly like a 6L6.

The guy wanted classic rock crunch. I would have had a PRS and a Suhr Strat in his hand in front of that Shiva in 10 seconds. Then we'd put him on the Rivera to check out the 6L6. Then, I'd show him how great the Mesa Road King is and why. At no time after a person says money is no object do I sell him a Crate, not that it's a bad amp, hell it's great for the money but this guy just said money is no object, now I explain to him why an amp that costs 1000 dollars more is worth it.

I went Bentley shopping last weekend for fun if at any point a salesman had tried to show me a Jetta in the volkswagen lot, I'd have laughed at him.

I can say this definitively. Bentleys are nice cars, they are not close to being worth 275 grand to me anyway, I don't give a damn about exclusivity and the seat wasn't even that comfy. So "thigh high" Jermaine Dupri can have em. Obviously it's impressive and the build quality is supurb but for 275 grand.... no way.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.