Anyone see this new product advertised?

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://xpresense.com/

It is too cool, and it appears to really work. So I nominate Pac to buy one :)

I bet I can get some cool wah sounds from picking my nose, or ear LOL
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    cool, it's like wearing a theramin, imagine the possibilities. Morello is going to go ape shit.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    cool, it's like wearing a theramin, imagine the possibilities. Morello is going to go ape shit.

It is very cool, and it looks simple to master. Next will be matching ear rings and a necklace.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    JofZ wrote:
    It is very cool, and it looks simple to master. Next will be matching ear rings and a necklace.

or piercings......scary.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    or piercings......scary.

Zachery must be pissed he didn't think of it first :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• XdesignXdesign Posts: 6
    Hey there, I am one of the WAG designers. I thought I would "drop in" and offer to anwser any questions about use, capability, features, etc .. regarding the WAG.

Xdesign
    Xdesign wrote:
    Hey there, I am one of the WAG designers. I thought I would "drop in" and offer to anwser any questions about use, capability, features, etc .. regarding the WAG.

Xdesign
    Hi there!
    Thanks for stopping in, I have no clue how you found this thread :)

So what is the chance of the PJ board getting a demo unit to pass around and play with :)

Cool product, best of luck!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Thanks for the welcome

as to how I found this thread .. umm .. err .. ummm .. I was searching on "piercings......scary"

oppsss .. I meant to say that I monitor our Web Logs and make it a point to try and provide anwsers in any forums in which WAG is a topic. We are doing are best provide anwsers to questions, and there are ALOT of questions.

Xdesign
    I guess I'll state the obvious, how, why, and really what can you do with it? Is it nothing like an Ebow?

Basic overview

THE WAG - .. works kinda like this ..

the ring senses finger position .. more then hand position and can be configured for sensitivity, range of operation, response curve (standard curves + custom).

The position information is sent to the base unit over a wireless link.

The base unit takes the position information and "Translates" it to control functions over one or more of the interfaces.

Interfaces -
    MIDI out
    MIDI in
    Expression pedal out
    Relay out

A simple setup #1 could be -

When hand is closed toggle Relay #1

Relay #1 1/4 Audio is then hooked to your Amp channel interface

So now when playing .. simply give a 'quick' squeeze of your hand and you switch amp channels

A simple setup #2 could be -

When hand is closed toggle Continous On/Off

Expression 1/4 Audio is then hooked to your Wah effect

So now when playing .. simply give a 'quick' squeeze of your hand and you turn Wah on or off

while Wah is on .. the position of your hand controls the Wah

Setups can be very simple or get VERY extensive, just depends on what you are trying to do.

As far as applications go .. all I can really say is that I love watching people play with it, I am not a guitarist (sad but true). The first thing that they play with is WAH, setting WAG to go from 0-100% with just a slight closing of the finger and then using it kind of like an on demand auto-WAH. It is amazing how fast they can play with it on and how they vary the tempo as they go from rhythm to fills to solos. You can control just about any parameter you care too, given that the effect has an interface that enbables you to do so.

There so many possibilties, its more of an exploration of a new space then anything else.

Xdesign
  • This looks really cool...Any idea on price? I didn't look at the website so I apologize if it's on there. I'd really like to try this out (and wear it as a fashion statement).
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
    Target street price is $295 US.

Xdesign
    Xdesign wrote:
    Target street price is $295 US.

Xdesign

Think you can hold it at that? That's pretty reasonable. I'd imagine there are more than a few musicians who could use it already. Muse's Matt Bellamy needs about 3 already. Seems like another accessory that could help the gear tech control gear as well as the musician.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Think you can hold it at that? That's pretty reasonable. I'd imagine there are more than a few musicians who could use it already. Muse's Matt Bellamy needs about 3 already. Seems like another accessory that could help the gear tech control gear as well as the musician.

Or let the very creative hack have too much fun from the stands ;)
    Reminds me of my favorite thing to do in bars. I program my ipaq to work their TVs and take them all off mute and change channels, too much drunk fun for words LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    Or let the very creative hack have too much fun from the stands ;)
    Reminds me of my favorite thing to do in bars. I program my ipaq to work their TVs and take them all off mute and change channels, too much drunk fun for words LOL

that sounds like fun.
    unlike TVs, WAG has built in security and we will be launching an optional product 'WAG Pro RF', intended for professional musicians, that is very secure and provides a significant range increase.

Xdesign
    There is now an audio clip up on the site that attempts to show a few styles all done with WAG.

Xdesign