Oops I did it again :)

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I had the chance to buy a BOTB R9 Les Paul yesterday. Her name is "Stanley" and she is on the way to me via FedEx. I'll get some pics up so you can her.
8lbs 120z, Murphy aged, only 4 ever made and she is on the cover of the famous Beauty of The Burst book. This was Paul Stanely's of Kiss former LP and Murphy made 4 copies of it and this is the best of the batch. It belonged to a Cali collector who died over the weekend. The BOTB program was a huge success, they made a bout 70 guitars and the program was cancelled. There are about 4000 orders some prepaid that will never be filled.

I am just a little excited :)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/1.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/certandsernumber.jpg
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    now you've crossed the line from Tone Tweaker to hard core addict, or more nicely perhaps.....investor :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    now you've crossed the line from Tone Tweaker to hard core addict, or more nicely perhaps.....investor :D

This was my dream guitar. I had 2 on order and I got the bad news a few months ago. I thought I would never see one on the open market. A similar one had a bid of 12k and the owner pulled it. I paid no where near that for it and I have had 3 offers already. This is it! no more purchases until 2007 :)
    My memory lane showed up last night. I have 2 Skreddy's coming and a couple more BJ pedals and that is it.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Skreddy Mayo and that freaking badass Screw Driver?

All the best with the BOTB, you should just name it...college fund :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Did you win the lottery or something?

;)

Jk, nice guitar.

After graduation, I'm going gear gung-ho...

:)
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    goddammit now i have that song in my head.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    exhausted wrote:
    goddammit now i have that song in my head.

Yeah, that was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the title, "You played with my heart...." and some more crap pop Swedish written lyrics. (Nothing against Swedes, I love you guys, you've given NYC its greatest hockey goalie in a long time!)
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    hehehehe well since Spears hasn't had a hit in a while I thought she could use the attention LOL

No lottery winnings, if I had won the lottery we would all go to a special undisclosed location for a private invitation only PJ show :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• JofZ wrote:
    hehehehe well since Spears hasn't had a hit in a while I thought she could use the attention LOL

No lottery winnings, if I had won the lottery we would all go to a special undisclosed location for a private invitation only PJ show :)

Here's to me hoping you win the lottery. I'd do the same thing. $500 000 to the band to cover expenses, and 1 000 000 to a charity of their chosing as an incentive.

:)
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    very nice man.

I am eyeing things already once I get my taxes filed. I should be getting some money back due to my marriage this year and the fact that my wife doesn't work.

We are planning a trip to Vegas too. I figure enough spa treatments and shopping should cover a nice Nocaster relic or similar... lol. :D

You are making a dangerous statement for January, "This is it! no more purchases until 2007 " Good luck with that... :D
    There's No Code.