Saw Robert Cray last night....

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
The dude just blows me away-PERIOD!
What a talent and what a talented band. Cray busted out all the old favs, He just killed Time Will Tell and Pursuader, he did a couple new tunes as well off of Twenty. Cray busted out 3 axes, 2 sig. Cray Strats one in that funky green and the other was the two tone burst. He had an all silver Tele as well for one track. He played through his now standard Matchless and he had 3 pedals on stage, a boost, a delay and a vibe. He used the delay a bunch and it was really cool to hear him use effects, because for the most part he hates him.
His energy was great and we all had a blast.
He is one of the last triple threats IMO.
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:
    The dude just blows me away-PERIOD!
    What a talent and what a talented band. Cray busted out all the old favs, He just killed Time Will Tell and Pursuader, he did a couple new tunes as well off of Twenty. Cray busted out 3 axes, 2 sig. Cray Strats one in that funky green and the other was the two tone burst. He had an all silver Tele as well for one track. He played through his now standard Matchless and he had 3 pedals on stage, a boost, a delay and a vibe. He used the delay a bunch and it was really cool to hear him use effects, because for the most part he hates him.
    His energy was great and we all had a blast.
    He is one of the last triple threats IMO.

awesome. I really want to see him play.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    awesome. I really want to see him play.

He is worth the 28 bucks, and few are IMO these days. I wish he got more props, but it was a packed house last night, standing room only and he really enjoyed the crowd, he said the first time he came through there were 2 in the audience LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board