one of the best ebay auctions I have ever seen, vintage pedal related!

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7346561010&ru=http://search.ebay.ca:80/7346561010_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Oh how I wish I could hide this purchase, I have 23 hours to figure it out. It is safe to say we wont see this again anytime soon.
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thats fucking ridicuous how expensive it is.

i could buy a vintage guitar and amp and more for what those things are going for.

waste of money no matter how vintage they are.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • thats insane. do they have remakes of those pedals?
  • That is really stupid, I would never bid for something like that, I suppose they are only going to go up in price...but jeez get some decent new gear instead.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Well, it just goes to show you some guys appreciate tone and some guys don't :)
    These Tych pedals with original boxes are worth upwords of 1000 each, I have never seen the entire collection with boxes offered at one time. These are in mint condition and the seller will kick himself in 6 months. These pedals will double in price every year from this point forward as long as the condition is maintained.
    Can you buy a clone? Yes you can CHicago Iron offers the entire Tych line with original boxing and it doesn't even come close.
    I slept on this one and I will regret it!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    wow, I've never even seen the pedalflange anywhere.

The Octavia is one of the top 5 most copied circuits ever.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I'd say the TS-808 is the most copied curcuit ever, although usually with individual twists and such.

Nonetheless...

Those pedals exist more as an investment/collection than as actual tools for guitar playing. 99.98% of the guitar players in the world could never afford to purchase those and then risk actually playing them. But as collector's items, with the boxes and as a set, they are quite the package. The only practical purpose they could serve as actual effects pedals is in some studio where they would be used sparingly and in a painfully controlled environment. Even big-name touring guitarists would probably prefer to keep those boxed up and take the clones out on the road.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    I guess the owner has sellers remourse and decided to keep them, good for him :)
    I am certain we will never see a collection like that again without a serious price tag attached, and I don't think 1500 per pedal is expensive when it comes to certain things.
    I agree though, anyone who bought these would probably put them away and forget about them.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:
    I guess the owner has sellers remourse and decided to keep them, good for him :)
    I am certain we will never see a collection like that again without a serious price tag attached, and I don't think 1500 per pedal is expensive when it comes to certain things.
    I agree though, anyone who bought these would probably put them away and forget about them.

It would behoove big time guys like Tripps, Analogman, keeley, Zvex etc, to get their hands on this kind of stuff to learn how they got the tones and study the circuit.

I'm willing to bet the TS808 is by far the most copied circuit ever but finding older rare, tone gems like those can inspire new stuff. Pedal Flanging and Phasing is coming back around. Hell Zvex has hooked them up to thermin's which is even more zany (and almost unuseable unless you are the death by audio guy or maybe tom morello)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    It would behoove big time guys like Tripps, Analogman, keeley, Zvex etc, to get their hands on this kind of stuff to learn how they got the tones and study the circuit.

I'm willing to bet the TS808 is by far the most copied circuit ever but finding older rare, tone gems like those can inspire new stuff. Pedal Flanging and Phasing is coming back around. Hell Zvex has hooked them up to thermin's which is even more zany (and almost unuseable unless you are the death by audio guy or maybe tom morello)

I think everyone can learn a thing or two from reverse engineering. I am not a techie, or even close to pretending to being able to comprehend this stuff.

If someone shelled out 3K for a dumble box, then as far as I am concerened the sky is the limit for unmolested, original vintage pieces.

Ask the owner of Chicago Iron how many years he searched for the Tych stuff to copy, it is a passion first :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?