Proanalog Scot60 review /pics.....

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
If you haven't heard about this one you are missing out. Don't ask about the name change, but some of you might know the story behind it ;)

I have Scot60 #5, great box. I use it with a Germino C45 and a LesPaul. It is a dirty boost, just as Scotty said. Cut knob and a Boost knob, it has a little noise on the boost knob, but the pedal is sweet. If you are looking for a dirty boost, or a single pedal to take with to a jam instead of lugging a board this would be it.
Simple box and great tone!

pics:

Scot60:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/scott60pic002.jpg

SB1( Same as above, available any day):
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/sb1.jpg

Scotty has some kick ass shit coming out, Magnatone Vibrato in a box (droool) and a couple others for us bedroom players. Plus he is as cool as they come.
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nice, does it stay clean long enough to chuck my green box? and How dirty does it get?

OOOOOOOhhhh MAGANATONE in a box. that hasn't been really done much yet if at all. None that I know of.

True, vibrato (not tremolo labeled vibrato) pitch modulation killer.

Does SB-1 stand for SonofaBitch? :D FK1 tee hee, people read a lot in to crap it's not like the Scot 60 is marketed as a "plexi"
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    what's your opinion of that morning dew EQ that's all the rage over on tgp?

speaking of pedals i'd never heard of until i joined that place.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    nice, does it stay clean long enough to chuck my green box? and How dirty does it get?

OOOOOOOhhhh MAGANATONE in a box. that hasn't been really done much yet if at all. None that I know of.

True, vibrato (not tremolo labeled vibrato) pitch modulation killer.

Does SB-1 stand for SonofaBitch? :D FK1 tee hee, people read a lot in to crap it's not like the Scot 60 is marketed as a "plexi"

Dude it rocks, it stays clean and it gets filthy. But in a really good way. You'll chuck the green box and just about any boost you got.

Yes, he has the schematic complete and the boxes and boards are almost in. The true Vibrato Megantone in a box will be available in the next 3 months. It is the real deal and he put a ton of work into it.

SB 1 stands for Scotty Boost 1 :)

Exhausted, I haven't played the morning Eq, but the EQ pedals seem to be all the rave now after a certain someone created a certain killer pedal :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    i assume you mean the sea blue?
    exhausted wrote:
    i assume you mean the sea blue?

yep :)
    I am sure it is a good pedal, but it just seems to do exaclty what the SB does. I know I never turn mine off.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

the advantage i see is it's 3 band rather than two. at the expense of the overall volume control though. but it's more attractive to me at least for that reason.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah, so how do I purchase the scotty boost?

the website is down.

Scotty Don't.....
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah, so how do I purchase the scotty boost?

the website is down.

Scotty Don't.....

If you want one you need to call or email Scotty.
    His contact info is:
    Scotty <proanalog@comcast.net>

Put friend of Jason Z in the Subject so he responds ;)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?