edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.christies.com/promos/oct05/1562/overview.asp

59 burst
54 GT
many martins
anyone want loan me some money?
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    ebay for the aston martin set!!!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    excellent. 1959 for 100 - 150 grand. INSANITY!!!!
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    excellent. 1959 for 100 - 150 grand. INSANITY!!!!
    opening bid will be 200+ and it will sell for 275 I bet. Crazy world we live in. Did you see the Gibson hollow bodies? There are some nice ones and with all the attention going to the burst someone is going to steal one of them.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:
    opening bid will be 200+ and it will sell for 275 I bet. Crazy world we live in. Did you see the Gibson hollow bodies? There are some nice ones and with all the attention going to the burst someone is going to steal one of them.

yeah the big charlie christian style neck pup, those are outstanding.

give me a 1200 dollar mid 50's 125 thin body all day.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • That '59!

:(

I shoulda held out another year with my '58!

We went to the Eric Clapton auction last year at Sothby's in New York,

It was incredible watching those guitars go up and up. His ES335 from the Cream days went for like $750,000,,, and Blackie for just under a million bucks!
    It was quite a thrill to watch,,,, i didn't buy anything, but I had an auction card. When those guitars were going up I was doing everything I could not to sneeze or move! I would have been in big trouble if I coughed and the auctioneer said, "Sold! to the guy with the sticking up hair"

:eek:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart