So what are you working on right now?

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
With all the gear talk it would be cool to know what everyone is working on.
I'll go first :)
U2's In a little While
Zep's Hey Hey what Can I do

I also try to get in at least 30 mins of slide work in per day. Anyone try the musser rings?
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    JofZ wrote:
    U2's In a little While

I also try to get in at least 30 mins of slide work in per day. Anyone try the musser rings?

I am working on finding a band. Top priority.

Song wise, I have been playing a lot of Beatles songs lately and trying to get my voice back in shape.

Also, Won't Get Fooled Again with all of the solos and such. That is fun to play LOUD.
    There's No Code.
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    JofZ wrote:
    U2's In a little While

Mostly working on technique and fleshing out some originals.
    Also for fun foolin' around with
    Led Zeppelin - Dazed & Confused (don't think I'll ever get this one)
    Def Leppard - Let It Roll
    U2 - Sometimes you Can't Make It On Your Own
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    still just writing and recording my own little solo basement productions.
  • My wife and i have pretty much mastered Love Boat Captain with 2 guitar parts, the bass and now working on drums. we also play try to figure and rearrange some of our own songs. Me solo am working on a lot of my own stuff.
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    still just writing and recording my own little solo basement productions.

Me 2.

I'm supposed to have a collective collaboration album done by Christmas, but I don't know if it's going to happen.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I'm still trying to learn how to play.

Been messing around for about 6 or 7 years now. About 3 years ago I reached a ceiling, and I'm basically stuck and still there.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    pearlwax wrote:
    I'm still trying to learn how to play.

Been messing around for about 6 or 7 years now. About 3 years ago I reached a ceiling, and I'm basically stuck and still there.

one lesson can break that ceiling.

I'm going to sign up for a blues clinique in a couple weeks.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    one lesson can break that ceiling.

I'm going to sign up for a blues clinique in a couple weeks.

Yeah, I've been considering something like that. Just got back from interviewing two jazz guitarists. They both teach. Maybe I should ask for private lessons. Would be quite embarassing, though. One of them - he's only 24 - spent a year in NYC jamming with the local jazz musicians in the jazz clubs. :cool:

I used to live above an amazing guitar player, the bohemian blues type, he was at the roots of one the most influential bands in Belgium: TC Matic.

He never likes to talk about his music, so I was afraid to ask him if he would teach me.

I basically don't like the idea of being taught by someone who is just that. A teacher. Yeah, I'm stupid like that.
  • learning chord progressions from standards in "the real book".
  • been pretty much non-existant on the board for a while now so thought id make an appearance.

i'm still writing a hell of a lot of stuff - its starting to actually sound alright now compared to a while ago. Still mainly hard rock based music, but ive been experimenting lately with some Beck influenced stuff - just for fun really.
    Also in the process of recruiting band members, know a few decent drummers and bassists now so things are looking up.
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
  • SquidgeSquidge Posts: 145
    Things are moving well, writing my own stuff....some of it sucks, some of it don't. Found a drummer which is v cool, been to some rehearsal rooms so i have finally cranked my trace elliot up a bit. :)

Bought a coupla pedals the other day, still trying to nail the parameters so i ain't just wingin it.

All is safe at the mo....
  • KovoKovo Posts: 255
    Just finished my second notebook of lyrics like 5 minutes ago. (About 10 songs in 2-3 months, breakup, then about 25 in 3 weeks).
    Now that it's finished, I'm gonna try to learn to sing and pay guitar at the same time, I can now, but I need to smoothen it out.
    I shouldn't have to fight a battle I'll never win, just to lose those I've never had.
  • Trying to break the barrier I've been stuck at since my band broke up over a year ago.
  • DopeBeastieDopeBeastie Posts: 2,513
    I'm cleaning up my originals, writing new ones to clean up later.
    I have a live radio gig on Friday at 4 mst (http://www.ksje.com)
    and a coffee house show on Saturday.

I've been playing a regular open mic and am getting lots of "jam" invites. This kid wants me to sing with him on his demo, too.

busy, busy, busy...

EDIT: that show's at 3:00 pm, mountain standard.... ACK!!!
  • HYLAHYLA Posts: 137
    Just comin up with new tunes on my geetar here in my bedroom, the usual :)
  • At this point in the space time Continuum I'm working on songs with a new band me and my friend the Bass player began about 2 months ago. recently aquired a Drummer to join at the tender age of 17, but he's quite impressive.
    so we have 2 guitarists, bass, and drums, lead vox, backing vox.

style wise we are currently mixing up really bluesy guitar licks / riffs with funky drums and funky bass. lots of funk. also trying out some off timing stuff. the results are pleasing. still trying to get the best out of my amps and effects too. I've also been spending a considerable amount of time recording little ditty's into my 8 track, writing endless notepads of lyrics, from ideas to bring to the table when me and the boys get together, to my own acoustic and vocal tracks.

all in all quite busy really and always looking for a new corner to turn and trying to raise the hair on the back of my neck.
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer