Mike got props and some pics of his burst you have never seen!

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92544

I was maybe 2 feet from his burst last wednesday and I was sure I had seen his axe before in a book, sure enough I checked BOTB (Beauty of the Burst) the LP bible and on Page 116 is an axe that looks just like his. Anyway, after a ton of searching and some help from the LPF the above thread was pointed out to me. Just so you know this is a bigger deal then it seems since every PJ fan site including Giventowail has his axes listed as Re-issues and I can tell you his burst is anything but a RI.
Anyway, check out the link and scroll down. There are some amazing close ups and a pic of his burst all by it self-priceless :)
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'm amazed anyone would think that was a reissue.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:
    I was maybe 2 feet from his burst last wednesday....priceless :)

Maybe you shouldn't utter the above in mixed company :D

Nice thread. It's definatly original, and it definately has new parts same as the strats. It's a player not a museum piece. New tuners because they wear out as well as the rest of the stuff that wears out but hell the guitar techs are not going to ruin it they know and love the heritage behind those guitars as well I'm sure. I would bet they keep all the original stuff off of it and only replace stuff with the proper tonal replacements.

This is just further reason I just want to at some point in my life sit and jam for a bit with Mike. The guy loves gear as much or more than we do.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Maybe you shouldn't utter the above in mixed company :D

Nice thread. It's definatly original, and it definately has new parts same as the strats. It's a player not a museum piece. New tuners because they wear out as well as the rest of the stuff that wears out but hell the guitar techs are not going to ruin it they know and love the heritage behind those guitars as well I'm sure. I would bet they keep all the original stuff off of it and only replace stuff with the proper tonal replacements.

This is just further reason I just want to at some point in my life sit and jam for a bit with Mike. The guy loves gear as much or more than we do.

If you got to be gay it might as well be with a 200K axe LOL

I think Given to wail needs to make some serious changes to their database!

TW on LPF is MR. Tom Whitrock for those wondering ;) he has the largest collection of bursts in the free world and has sold some to Slash in the past among other notables.

There is a another link in that thread that has all the PJ axes up close, Mikes Strats and Eddies SG's are pretty cool as well as Stones beat to hell red Strat, enjoy!!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Ah, The Tom Whitlock. Wow. I kind of dig that fiesta red charlie brown stripe thing that stones been playing.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • TCB ? ? ?

http://mikelull.com/Stars%20Guitars/images/PJ%20images/teal_sg_body.jpg

Elvis reference ? ? ? !!! ? ? ?

anyone? ? ?
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • I always knew that thing had to be real.

Usually about know I'd say, 'someday I'll have a guitar like that', but in reality, I'll never have a guitar like that

:)
  • Did anyone see the second to last post?

modoc_333
    All Access/Backstage Pass

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TW59
    He should join the LPF.

actually, that would probably be pretty easy to do. he does like forums on the net. i used to talk to him every now and then. i have an email addy for him somewhere. he's a very nice and very accessible person. i'll see if i can get ahold of him.... perhaps i can point him our way........ or at least get enough info to get his Burst in the registry.

goddamnit!
    we are so uncool!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Did anyone see the second to last post?

modoc_333
    All Access/Backstage Pass

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TW59
    He should join the LPF.

actually, that would probably be pretty easy to do. he does like forums on the net. i used to talk to him every now and then. i have an email addy for him somewhere. he's a very nice and very accessible person. i'll see if i can get ahold of him.... perhaps i can point him our way........ or at least get enough info to get his Burst in the registry.

goddamnit!
    we are so uncool!

If he joins that'd be sweet, but we'd have to keep it a secret. :) I'd love to talk gear with him.