A must read!!

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Go pick up Relix Magazine with our guys on the cover!
It is one of the best articles I have read about a rock group in years.
Instead of rehashing the same old BS, it speaks about the touring band, the impact the band has made on OUR lives, the 10club, and how the band feels about US.
I think all of you will be happy you bought it and the writter is obviously a huge fan, as he gets it!

So I have a question for all of you, do you consider PJ the modern day (if there was one) Dead?
I turned 33 a couple weeks ago, and I grew up with the Dead. Family members always had them playing and by the time I was 13 I had already seen them 6 times. By my freshman year in college I was a burned out Deadhead looking for something new. I had seen to many shows, witnessed Midlands last night, and saw them when they still had their shit together (oxymoron). I remember the night a friend had rolled in to FT. Collins from Seattle, it was the early fall of 91. He had a mix tape, God how I miss those! One of the tracks was a song called Black. I instantly fell in love and that was it, I was hooked. The way people come together at Dead shows and at PJ shows is very similar, the friends I made from both bands is strange, and not something the non-fan would ever get or understand. It is a journey, we wait for the album and then wait for the tour, and we all ride the wave together.
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    It is possibly the best PJ article to date.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Interesting... I'll check that out. Thanks!
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    where can this magaizine be found?

as for your question....

my thoughts.....

i dont think a pearl jam tour is the same as say a dead or a phish tour.i dont think a jam show has the same communal vibe as the other two bands have.

i say this,because i have yet to see a vending area in the parking lot where people are hawking t -shirts,jewelery,food,beer.....whatever......and supporting their travels with sales from these items.

i think for the most part,jam fans prefer to hook up in bars for the pre concert party and meet their bbs buds and friends from past shows.

once inside the venue,i think the vibe is the coolest at a jam show,but this comes from knowing i'm sitting around 10 club people and other bbs members.

i think the message board is the key to making the wave we are riding on as you put it.

i know people just as fanatical about their favorite bands and they travel just as much to see these bands as i try to travel to see pearl jam.
  • Yeah, I gotta pick that shit up this weekend, I gotta find $8 for it though :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    JofZ wrote:
    Go pick up Relix Magazine with our guys on the cover!
    It is one of the best articles I have read about a rock group in years.
    Instead of rehashing the same old BS, it speaks about the touring band, the impact the band has made on OUR lives, the 10club, and how the band feels about US.
    I think all of you will be happy you bought it and the writter is obviously a huge fan, as he gets it!

So I have a question for all of you, do you consider PJ the modern day (if there was one) Dead?
    I turned 33 a couple weeks ago, and I grew up with the Dead. Family members always had them playing and by the time I was 13 I had already seen them 6 times. By my freshman year in college I was a burned out Deadhead looking for something new. I had seen to many shows, witnessed Midlands last night, and saw them when they still had their shit together (oxymoron). I remember the night a friend had rolled in to FT. Collins from Seattle, it was the early fall of 91. He had a mix tape, God how I miss those! One of the tracks was a song called Black. I instantly fell in love and that was it, I was hooked. The way people come together at Dead shows and at PJ shows is very similar, the friends I made from both bands is strange, and not something the non-fan would ever get or understand. It is a journey, we wait for the album and then wait for the tour, and we all ride the wave together.

fuck the dead.

wait..,......alice cooper already did.