The new D*A*M Kuma Fuzz

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    germanium/hybrid/ or silicon?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    germanium/hybrid/ or silicon?

Its a foxey lady so it has to be Ge.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    JofZ wrote:
    Its a foxey lady so it has to be Ge.

excellent, you don't happen to know which ones do you?

I'd love to hear clips. Nice name too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    excellent, you don't happen to know which ones do you?

I'd love to hear clips. Nice name too.

NOS Mullards just not sure what type. I'll ask and get some clips up as soon as I get it.
    The name as you know is the icing on the cake for me :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    NOS Mullards just not sure what type. I'll ask and get some clips up as soon as I get it.
    The name as you know is the icing on the cake for me :)

that's cool, isn't that your dogs name?

I have to move this month but I'll put my name in the hat soon.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    that's cool, isn't that your dogs name?

I have to move this month but I'll put my name in the hat soon.

Yes it is my 9 year old Akita's name, he has been a cancer survivor for 6 months now and living and enjoying life on 3 legs. David's build quality is second to none IMO.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    Yes it is my 9 year old Akita's name, he has been a cancer survivor for 6 months now and living and enjoying life on 3 legs. David's build quality is second to none IMO.

I've seen the innards of a few of the 1966's and MK 2 clones. It's very good. I'm kind of suprised you don't have a mk2 on the board for Zep stuff.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I've seen the innards of a few of the 1966's and MK 2 clones. It's very good. I'm kind of suprised you don't have a mk2 on the board for Zep stuff.

I do :)
    It was the first pedal he built for me and the tone is unreal. My second was an OC45 Range master.
    I think I have OC76D's in the MKII.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    I do :)
    It was the first pedal he built for me and the tone is unreal. My second was an OC45 Range master.
    I think I have OC76D's in the MKII.

I've been thinking about a range master. I like that fat BM solo tone and I've got the amp for it so go figure. I think a 1966 or MK2 would be fantastic in an orange.

Did you ever play that big blue fuzz box he did inspired by the scripture passage from pulp fiction?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I've been thinking about a range master. I like that fat BM solo tone and I've got the amp for it so go figure. I think a 1966 or MK2 would be fantastic in an orange.

Did you ever play that big blue fuzz box he did inspired by the scripture passage from pulp fiction?

LOL the Ezikeil?
    I think it is a bass pedal, but I am sure he can come up with something for you. I know David can stack em as he sent me MKII and III's in the same box, etc.
    David is pure vintage tone, so if you have the right amp and hands his pedals are really nice and warm. On the other hand, if you aren't used to dialing knobs and getting noise you might not like them ;)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    LOL the Ezikeil?
    I think it is a bass pedal, but I am sure he can come up with something for you. I know David can stack em as he sent me MKII and III's in the same box, etc.
    David is pure vintage tone, so if you have the right amp and hands his pedals are really nice and warm. On the other hand, if you aren't used to dialing knobs and getting noise you might not like them ;)

*ahem* gearhead.....:D
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    *ahem* gearhead.....:D

Sad ain't it LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I need a treble booster type pedal to run with my King Royale... it is wrecking all sorts of area with the gretsch btw... I am running a Maxon OD 820 right now...

The band is coming together very well... although I play keys and harmonica... not much guitar.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    I need a treble booster type pedal to run with my King Royale... it is wrecking all sorts of area with the gretsch btw... I am running a Maxon OD 820 right now...

The band is coming together very well... although I play keys and harmonica... not much guitar.

BJF man, save your money and buy his treb boost. You wont ever sell it!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    JofZ wrote:
    BJF man, save your money and buy his treb boost. You wont ever sell it!

after the gigs start (next month) I will have a good stream of income for buying gear. that will be on the list.

Also on the list... a tweed champ style amp for harp.
    There's No Code.
    BJF has a TB? OH, the Baby Pink, nevermind.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    BJF has a TB? OH, the Baby Pink, nevermind.

The BP is really cool.
    I use a Red Rooster and love it. I have 3 pedals on all the time, Pale Green, Red Rooster and the SBEQ. I don't think you need anything else. I can get just about any OD tone I want from the SB and RRB. Of course it is fun having the others, but on the fly and on a small board those are the 3 I can't live without.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    The BP is really cool.
    I use a Red Rooster and love it. I have 3 pedals on all the time, Pale Green, Red Rooster and the SBEQ. I don't think you need anything else. I can get just about any OD tone I want from the SB and RRB. Of course it is fun having the others, but on the fly and on a small board those are the 3 I can't live without.

Yeah I'm actually in that process, reduce to stuff I really need. The DD served me well, but I want something a little more harmonically rich like the honey bee. The DL4 is occupying space on the floor, it's a cool pedal, but I need a fuzz. With boosters, I'm the kind of guy that leaves a clean boost on all the time. I just love the sound that a good RM style TB can give you ripping out solos.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Yeah I'm actually in that process, reduce to stuff I really need. The DD served me well, but I want something a little more harmonically rich like the honey bee. The DL4 is occupying space on the floor, it's a cool pedal, but I need a fuzz. With boosters, I'm the kind of guy that leaves a clean boost on all the time. I just love the sound that a good RM style TB can give you ripping out solos.

Check out DAM's Red Rooster as well, with your Orange the OC45 might be the ticket. I can send you mine to try out if you want.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    Check out DAM's Red Rooster as well, with your Orange the OC45 might be the ticket. I can send you mine to try out if you want.

yeah that'd be great probably a good stack with the EGDM at certain settings too. The O is not going to be powered up again until I change the tubes though. I don't want to do any damage to the OT. So I think It's going to be a few weeks.

I haven't decided whether to change the preamp's yet or not and if so what to get.

The PT's will be EI Gold Pins.