Got dragged to Depeche Mode last night ;)

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am split when it comes to this genre. Being 32 and growing up with the crap in the 80's the first time around the show was nostalgic. I couldn't get a lot of their riffs out of my head after the show either, I kinda forgot how many catchy hooks those guys made LOL

Anyway, if you are a gear whore it was a good show. Lots of Gibsons, Gretschs and some stuff I had never seen before ( nor would I ever want to again LOL)

Almost all of the guitar tone was heavy fuzz. The solos were pretty cheeze, but the crowd just ate it up.

Anyway, for an aging group of has beens they sounded great. They played all their old stuff and some new stuff which held up well against the catalog, plus I got to see all the kids I used to tease and make fun of when I was a kid ;)
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:
    I am split when it comes to this genre. Being 32 and growing up with the crap in the 80's the first time around the show was nostalgic. I couldn't get a lot of their riffs out of my head after the show either, I kinda forgot how many catchy hooks those guys made LOL

Anyway, if you are a gear whore it was a good show. Lots of Gibsons, Gretschs and some stuff I had never seen before ( nor would I ever want to again LOL)

Almost all of the guitar tone was heavy fuzz. The solos were pretty cheeze, but the crowd just ate it up.

Anyway, for an aging group of has beens they sounded great. They played all their old stuff and some new stuff which held up well against the catalog, plus I got to see all the kids I used to tease and make fun of when I was a kid ;)

ha ha. what a great review. I still have absolutely no desire to see depeche mode, but hey sometimes the girls drag you to stuff. It's ok since I've drug them to the Black Crowes and Muse and the like.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Yes the equivelents to the Beatles in influencing modern industrial rock (and they have a new hit album) are has-beens... :rolleyes: ;)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Yes the equivelents to the Beatles in influencing modern industrial rock (and they have a new hit album) are has-beens... :rolleyes: ;)

Come on my post was made with much humor in mind. If you can't see humor in this genre then you can't have any fun with music.
    Anyone ever accidently wind up at an Erasure show?

Only Bono can use Beatle equivelent :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    JofZ wrote:

Thankfully no. But thanks to an episode of Scrubs one of their songs found its way onto my iPod.
  • JofZ wrote:
    Come on my post was made with much humor in mind. If you can't see humor in this genre then you can't have any fun with music.

Only Bono can use Beatle equivelent :)
    mine was too.. that's what little coloured faces are for ;)

and just to clarify, Bono means shit to the industrial scene.

Depeche Mode all zee way ;)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"