Eddie Vedder almost died off Oahu........

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Rolling Stones is reporting that Eddie was with Jack Johnson's father on a boat trip. The boat capsized and Eddie was lost at sea in 30 foot swells. A fishing boat just happened to find him. We almost lost him!
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZ wrote:
    Rolling Stones is reporting that Eddie was with Jack Johnson's father on a boat trip. The boat capsized and Eddie was lost at sea in 30 foot swells. A fishing boat just happened to find him. We almost lost him!

holy shit! 30 foot swells are monsterous. good job eddies a surfer.
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    30 foot swells, wow, I'm sure that will be an excellent songwriting experience.

Thanks God We kinda enjoy having Ed around.

What the hell do you do? A PFD and a beacon and some ability to swim, that's just nuts. The ocean giveth and the ocean taketh away.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    JofZ wrote:

wow. Hopefully he gets a safe return. On a positive note, I bet this inspires some good songwriting.

Hopefully Eddie is all recovered and safe.
    There's No Code.
  • WOAH...are you for real?!? :eek:
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    It was in the new edition of Rolling Stones magazine. I was kinda shocked the news hasn't appeared any where else. I think 50 cent is on the cover, check it out.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
  • This happened a long time ago, like in 1998. I guess this story appears every once and awhile and scares the hell out of us.

and besides, they were in South America when this story "broke".
  • This was actually pretty recently. He had a surfing accident before and Tim Finn saved him.
    This happened a long time ago, like in 1998. I guess this story appears every once and awhile and scares the hell out of us.

and besides, they were in South America when this story "broke".

This is not the same story according to the Stones.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Yeah, I just read this in Rolling Stone this weekend. Pretty wild! Jack Johnson said they wouldnt have been able to get to him so it was lucky that the fishing boat happend to pass.
    Brian
  • ya about a week or two ago every1 was talking about this. im wonderin if it happened again cuz its showing up eeeverywhere.
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    30 foot swells, wow, I'm sure that will be an excellent songwriting experience.

Thanks God We kinda enjoy having Ed around.

What the hell do you do? A PFD and a beacon and some ability to swim, that's just nuts. The ocean giveth and the ocean taketh away.
    good to hear he's ok. i think he was just trying to reenact the lyric card for "hail, hail" from no code
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Again . . . oh wait same story from last week.

He has to have people watching over him, I mean really, with all those almosts. Or he is just ultra-lucky. Good job sticking around, lucky man.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ed, look after yourself, man. If it's a choice of a shower or a bath, take the shower. ;)
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    If you can find the article online I would definately like to read it.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    nailz100 wrote:
    If you can find the article online I would definately like to read it.
    Jay Z on the cover, John Lennon edition on stands now!
    It isn't online as it is a blurb in their gossip section.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Ed needs to stay out of the water for a while. Either that, or he needs to rock some water wings.

Thank goodness he's alright.