Victoria Amps what great tone!

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I picked up the tweed champ with 12inch today and OMG does this thing sound amazing. In fact, it sounds as good as it looks. I am a sucker for tweed and this one was hard to beat for around the house. My wife even thought it looked great :)

I ran all my pedals through it and it took to them very well. They are a little pricey, 900 bones for the Champ 12, but worth every penny IMO. I'll post some pics.
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    They are very nice amps indeed.
  • wow ive wanted to try one of these out

good luck with that man!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    A VictoriLux is on my lottery list...

Glad you like it. What's the 12"?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 467
    JofZ wrote:
    I picked up the tweed champ with 12inch today and OMG does this thing sound amazing. In fact, it sounds as good as it looks. I am a sucker for tweed and this one was hard to beat for around the house. My wife even thought it looked great :)

I ran all my pedals through it and it took to them very well. They are a little pricey, 900 bones for the Champ 12, but worth every penny IMO. I'll post some pics.

A fan of tweedys and you did not know that Vickies were amazing souding?? Man, they have many good amps to play... most all of them soud amazing. My fav is probably the Fandango.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    I always wanted a CLark, but Teddy at Make'n Music kept raving about the 5112T from Victoria, so I gave in and traded some stuff for it. It is the 5 watt, 12 inch Champ and from everything I have read it is the amp the Stones used to record their last album. Just great tone all around!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    is the board messed up today or what?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:

I always figured you for a clark guy (beaufort), yeah, the vicky tweed champs are great. The big speaker is fantastic in that circuit. What is it Weber? Jensen?

I love the one with the 3 10's but the champ is the one we can actually use in our homes.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I always figured you for a clark guy (beaufort), yeah, the vicky tweed champs are great. The big speaker is fantastic in that circuit. What is it Weber? Jensen?

I love the one with the 3 10's but the champ is the one we can actually use in our homes.
    Jensen.
    I would love a twin clone, but this one will actually get use :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    Jensen.
    I would love a twin clone, but this one will actually get use :)

yeah, and it's a great great great thing to have to take to jams. what about your allen, do you still play it?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah, and it's a great great great thing to have to take to jams. what about your allen, do you still play it?

The Allen is awesome, but it has its place you know.
    The Vic is so light it begs to be taken.
    All I need now is my baby MP and I'll be happy for a few days LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Seriously J....I need to get into the business you are in so I can own a whole bunch of fancy toys too! What'd ya do...sell all your flyrods?
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    nailz100 wrote:
    Seriously J....I need to get into the business you are in so I can own a whole bunch of fancy toys too! What'd ya do...sell all your flyrods?

Sells steroids to MLB players.
    LOL, you guys are too funny.
    I sell private aircraft. I have been in the business since I was in my teens and believe me it is not as exciting as it appears :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    LOL, you guys are too funny.
    I sell private aircraft. I have been in the business since I was in my teens and believe me it is not as exciting as it appears :)

nice, I love flying, I used to work in a hanger at PDK in Atlanta.

What brand do you sell?
    Did you work in Hangar 18?
    I sell mostly Jets, all used! I'll sell anything that has wings and turbine engines, but I have been dealing a lot of Citation Sovereigns and Challengers as of late.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

I'll trade you a flyrod and a guided fishing trip for a jet!
    JofZ wrote:
    I sell mostly Jets, all used! I'll sell anything that has wings and turbine engines, but I have been dealing a lot of Citation Sovereigns and Challengers as of late.

oh cool, we just re did the interior and avionics in our companies Citation 2 before they decided to scrap the whole aviation dept. so it got sold sadly. I liked that jet. A little old but not close to the cash a new Citation 10 runs these days.

It'd be nice to have a personal gulfstream.
    nailz100 wrote:
    I'll trade you a flyrod and a guided fishing trip for a jet!
    you should come with us in august ;)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

PM me and we'll talk
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    oh cool, we just re did the interior and avionics in our companies Citation 2 before they decided to scrap the whole aviation dept. so it got sold sadly. I liked that jet. A little old but not close to the cash a new Citation 10 runs these days.

It'd be nice to have a personal gulfstream.

I have a II for sale right now, they are a good bang for the buck.
    The X's are dead right now, they just wont move at all.
    Hottest aircraft is the Challenger 300, Falcon 900EX, etc..
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?