really cool pedal builder clinic

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
So how many of you always wanted to know what went on behind the scenes of a pedal builder?
After a lot of discussion, BJorn Juhl, Scotty Smith and Paul C are going to do a FREE clinic at the ToneFest. It is called, "Building the perfect
Overdrive, debunking the myths!"
It will involve the actual development of a new pedal. They will take it to schematic, build the bread boards and test them. There will be a Q&A and the boxes will be built by Donner at the Fest! I think there will be 2 built and we will add them to the raffle, so someone will wind up with a very unique team built box.
I am really excited about this one and I am not leaking the info anywhere else for a couple days.
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 467
    JofZ wrote:
    So how many of you always wanted to know what went on behind the scenes of a pedal builder?
    After a lot of discussion, BJorn Juhl, Scotty Smith and Paul C are going to do a FREE clinic at the ToneFest. It is called, "Building the perfect
    Overdrive, debunking the myths!"
    It will involve the actual development of a new pedal. They will take it to schematic, build the bread boards and test them. There will be a Q&A and the boxes will be built by Donner at the Fest! I think there will be 2 built and we will add them to the raffle, so someone will wind up with a very unique team built box.
    I am really excited about this one and I am not leaking the info anywhere else for a couple days.

Where is this tonefest?
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 467
    crap, if you are talking about Chicago, that is too far. :(
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    crap, if you are talking about Chicago, that is too far. :(

Yep Chicago, most of the people attending are coming in from very far away. Actually I think there are only a handful of Chicago guys coming. Guys are flying in from Europe, LA, FL, NY, CT all over kinda crazy.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • that would be really cool to see.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV