Chicago Show 2 it doesn't get any better really!

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Severed Hand, WWS, Life Wasted, Animal, Marker in the Sand, DTE, Whipping ( the WHIPPING solo was replaced by a drum solo), Ed speech: Last night was OK but this is the night, 1/2 Full, I am Mine, EVENFLOW, Gone, Insignifigance, Betterman, Save it for Later (NOT A TAG), Down, Garden, Inside Job, Lukin/Why Go
Wasted Reprise, Man of the Hour, Footsteps, Once, Alive (Backwards Mamasan Trilogy)

Encore 2: Last Kiss (With Eddie in the Crowd), Last Exit, Glorified G

Encore 3: Small Town, Crown of Thorns, Rocking in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

They pulled out everthing for the 2nd show. No tech problems, Mike was on fire!
Ed kept the drinking down a bit LOL
Footsteps, ALive ( just amazing), Glorified G, Crown of Thorns were by far the highlights.
I am still kiinda shocked by how good the setlist was. Keeping my fingers crossed for Grand Rapids!
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iskewiskew Posts: 26
    Slight tech problems on Last Kiss (Ed's wireless mic going in and out a bit- probably the distance and interference). But one of the best shows I've seen!
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    I'm offically jealous. Was Mike loud enough, especially during solos? How long was the show?
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    surferdude wrote:
    I'm offically jealous. Was Mike loud enough, especially during solos? How long was the show?

Mike had major issues the first night and he made up for it last night :)
    He kicked the Flying V back where it belongs, in its case :) and opted for the EDS 1275 double neck instead :)
    He also busted out a Gretsch and a tele black guard. His tone was much better, but I sensed he was frustrated as he decided to end the life of his trusty Marshall cab in the first set. He put his strat right through it. I thought great, not again, but he just ripped the cover off. The left cab was already replaced with a new one.
    The show started at 9 and went to 11:35 or something. They took 2 short breaks. Eddie popping up in the audience was cool, but it was also kinda weird. The rest of the band was talking on stage. Eddie did his thing and made his way back to the stage.
    One thing that needs to be pointed out is that the United Center has the worst PA system ever. If you were seated in the half court area you probably heard a terrible echo. You could hear the the echos bounce all over the place and it made for a poor audio experience as usual.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Hope it wasn't one of his nicer Strats!

I can't wait for my two shows in Jersey.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Wow, Footseps, Crown of Thorns, Garden, MOTH, Down, AND Glorified G? I'm jealous.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
    WAY WAY WAY better than night 1. Crowd more into it, tremendous setlist, sounded better.

best show I've ever seen.

Did anyone think that Ed was fucking with us for a lot of the show? Before Whipping Ed totally had me going that he was going to go into Corduroy. Same with before Insignificance you would swear they were going to play small town. The set was so unpredictable...a lot of fun.

Mike's coolest E-Flow performance I've seen...or maybe I'm a sucker for destruction :D
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV