Hey Pac check out this....

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
My Johan Gustavsson arrived yesterday :P

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/IMG_0833.jpg

Freaking unreal guitar!
You and Dan need to make a road trip ASAP!
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Holy freaking BLEEP!!!!!

YOU HAVE A JG!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME.

Does the wife get jealous when you tuck it into bed at night? Because she should. She really should. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Holy freaking BLEEP!!!!!

YOU HAVE A JG!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME.

Does the wife get jealous when you tuck it into bed at night? Because she should. She really should. :D

She looked at me really funny last night when I was sitting on the couch with it, a box of kleenex and lotion LOLOLOLOL

The thing is just sick, sick sick and I can now sell all of my other guitars :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    JofZ wrote:
    She looked at me really funny last night when I was sitting on the couch with it, a box of kleenex and lotion LOLOLOLOL

The thing is just sick, sick sick and I can now sell all of my other guitars :)

That's what I was thinking....how soon until the murphs are either encased in glass or sold? :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • that
    is
    a
    freaking
    beautiful
    guitar

damn
    I sold one Murphy already :)

Out of all the guitars I have played few are as good as the JG, the more I play it the more I understand what stacking notes, 3d harmonics and all that geeky shit is about LOL.

There are a couple of much less expensive guitar makers who have the magic and not nearly the wait time, but if you are into LP's there is only one :)

Check out the Collings JR electric and sell all your gear for one they are that good! The new Vince Cunneto's are just sick!

So when you coming through Chicago?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

I don't know I need to make a pilgrimage soon.

Show us pics if you get a chance, I want to see what the new family looks like toegther. Mad Prof and all.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Those Gustavsson's are in a class all by themselves...soon to be joined by the TCM Carolina :)

Though my Tele roots prefer the cosmetics of the JG.
    enharmonic wrote:
    Those Gustavsson's are in a class all by themselves...soon to be joined by the TCM Carolina :)

Though my Tele roots prefer the cosmetics of the JG.

The more I hold and play the JG the more I can understand the body contour and shape. It makes sense and the body is much better balanced then an LP. The heal and neck are identical to the real 59 Bursts, but the cut-away and contour provide access to the higher frets.

There are some amazing builders today and they all should be recognized for their talents. I wish I could buy one from each of them!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• That's a beautiful piece! Congratulations!

What kind of pickups and scale length are in that? I love that Tele style shape, too, more so than a Les Paul, and I want to make something like that.You're right about the balance, and my arms seem to like the Tele shape the best out of all.
    A set neck with that body shape,, and before I finish it, I'll just get the belt sander and chisel out and contour it to my body for the ultimate in comfort! :D

My next guitar will have to be a Jazz one, though. I don't know if showing up to Jazz College with a Tele and a B-Bender will go over too well! :)
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    The more I hold and play the JG the more I can understand the body contour and shape. It makes sense and the body is much better balanced then an LP. The heal and neck are identical to the real 59 Bursts, but the cut-away and contour provide access to the higher frets.

There are some amazing builders today and they all should be recognized for their talents. I wish I could buy one from each of them!

The closest I'll get to a JG anytime soon is my Ian Anderson :)
    That's a beautiful piece! Congratulations!

What kind of pickups and scale length are in that? I love that Tele style shape, too, more so than a Les Paul, and I want to make something like that.You're right about the balance, and my arms seem to like the Tele shape the best out of all.
    A set neck with that body shape,, and before I finish it, I'll just get the belt sander and chisel out and contour it to my body for the ultimate in comfort! :D

My next guitar will have to be a Jazz one, though. I don't know if showing up to Jazz College with a Tele and a B-Bender will go over too well! :)

LP scale, Wolftone pickups
    My digi crapped out yesterday :(
    Buzz Feiten tuning
    Brazilian fret board
    50 year old honduran Mohagany and Maple top
    Pigtail bridge/tail piece

Accord case on the way LOL

This shape reminds me a ton of some Zematis guitars. I wish more people would build em. Much easier to play while sitting :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

J you ever notice how much BJ looks like Mike?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    J you ever notice how much BJ looks like Mike?

I can see that!
    It is the hair LOL

Have you checked out 5X1 yet?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    I can see that!
    It is the hair LOL

Have you checked out 5X1 yet?

no I haven't had a shot yet unfortunately.
  • JofZ wrote:
    LP scale, Wolftone pickups
    My digi crapped out yesterday :(
    Buzz Feiten tuning
    Brazilian fret board
    50 year old honduran Mohagany and Maple top
    Pigtail bridge/tail piece

Accord case on the way LOL

This shape reminds me a ton of some Zematis guitars. I wish more people would build em. Much easier to play while sitting :)

I have a huge slab of mahogany and a long board of nice curly rock maple that's really old and bings so nicely. Maybe this winter I'll get to making one again.
    I think that shape is the PERFECT for sitting down on the couch. The only thing I would change is to put the cord jack somewhere where it doesn't dig into the couch. Maybe in the strap button. I don't know where yours has it.
    I would use the LP scale, too, for a mahogany and maple body like that.
    Actually I always wanted to put one of those wall mounted bottle openers on a guitar, too.:D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart