Paco, its your turn on the BJF pedal board...

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited August 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
You need to respond today or its coming home!
Nate has been trying to reach you for a while.
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:
    You need to respond today or its coming home!
    Nate has been trying to reach you for a while.

oh great, thanks for the heads up!

PS love the new forum look. Great Job.

I can't wait to hear the new stuff.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    oh great, thanks for the heads up!

PS love the new forum look. Great Job.

I can't wait to hear the new stuff.

Thanks!
    Now if only I could give away this Cruz Masterbuilt Relic :)
    Very weird that no one wants it, isn't it?

Did you get in touch with Nate?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    JofZ wrote:
    Thanks!
    Now if only I could give away this Cruz Masterbuilt Relic :)
    Very weird that no one wants it, isn't it?

Did you get in touch with Nate?

yeah I sent him a PM.

why would no one want a Cruz Masterbuilt Relic? ????
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah I sent him a PM.

I don't know, but no one is even trying to win it.
    So I am keeping it j/k
    I am going to run some ads to see if that helps.

The place is dying a slow death.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah I sent him a PM.

someone built it backwards.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Whats the deal with the relic!!!!!!!?!?!?!?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    The deal is I bought a $5,000.00 Fender Masterbuilt Relic by Cruz to give away on theGuitarHub.com and there are no takers, so I will keep it.

To be eligble to win you had to make 10 posts and remain a member in good standing. That didn't work, so we made it 10 referals and that blew up.
    The idea was to offer an amazing prize to get people over to a new forum.

I guess you live and learn....

Maybe a Gibson would have done better LOL

What do yo guys think I should do?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:

enjoy your new cruz?
    i have 10 posts now. pm me for my shipping address. :D
    JofZ wrote:
    The deal is I bought a $5,000.00 Fender Masterbuilt Relic by Cruz to give away on theGuitarHub.com and there are no takers, so I will keep it.

To be eligble to win you had to make 10 posts and remain a member in good standing. That didn't work, so we made it 10 referals and that blew up.
    The idea was to offer an amazing prize to get people over to a new forum.

I guess you live and learn....

Maybe a Gibson would have done better LOL

hmm, it's an awesome prize, unfortunately not well publicised. I'm sorry I haven't done my part other than refering people to TGH for Lord Valve or BJ or what have you. I've probably got at least 10 wink wink! :D

How much does it cost to advertise on search engine pages?

I'm thinking the issue is mainly people not knowing about it. This is the first I've heard of it.

I think you just need some kind of redonkulous add to appear on some of the coop vendor websites, maybe flyers at Makin and DAG, advertising.

Then some kind of real contest. 150-200 QUALITY posts or rather 10 good and inciteful worthwhile post topics ratified by small panel of one or two those names go in a hat, and bang, contest winner....get ready for the next amazing contest to get the hub rolling.
    maybe give it to the newest member, fastcashpaydayloan. :rolleyes:
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    hmm, it's an awesome prize, unfortunately not well publicised. I'm sorry I haven't done my part other than refering people to TGH for Lord Valve or BJ or what have you. I've probably got at least 10 wink wink! :D

How much does it cost to advertise on search engine pages?

I'm thinking the issue is mainly people not knowing about it. This is the first I've heard of it.

I think you just need some kind of redonkulous add to appear on some of the coop vendor websites, maybe flyers at Makin and DAG, advertising.

Then some kind of real contest. 150-200 QUALITY posts or rather 10 good and inciteful worthwhile post topics ratified by small panel of one or two those names go in a hat, and bang, contest winner....get ready for the next amazing contest to get the hub rolling.

We advertise heavily on all the search engines. We had ads running in 2 magazines for a year, it did nothing.

If people do not talk the advertising doesn't register.

We had a rule for the advertisers on our forum to place a link, those that did added 2% a month to our membership.

Oh well I get a new Strat :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

in all honestly, regarding the gear hub;

all the ads on the screen are annoying but i realize they're a necessary evil.

my gear isn't high end enough to really participate in lot of the conversations. so much of that stuff is gear that i'll never get to try, let along own. there isn't much for me to talk about there. hooray for the cheap pedals thread.

i used to like guitargeek.com's forum because everyone was generally discussing attainable stuff etc.

i get enough of my kicks here talking gearwise these days.
    exhausted wrote:
    in all honestly, regarding the gear hub;

all the ads on the screen are annoying but i realize they're a necessary evil.

my gear isn't high end enough to really participate in lot of the conversations. so much of that stuff is gear that i'll never get to try, let along own. there isn't much for me to talk about there. hooray for the cheap pedals thread.

i used to like guitargeek.com's forum because everyone was generally discussing attainable stuff etc.

i get enough of my kicks here talking gearwise these days.

you know that could be true, when we make the long trip to gear geekdom we tend to leave out average guy who knows Fender, Marshall, Gibson, Mesa Boogie, PRS, Martin etc. we all have an opinion on them and have rehashed it so much it's unspoken, but most people haven't.

It would probably be of great worth to have a few threads on normal regular under 1K gear and how to make that sound good. The whole modding phenominon came out of a necessity to make cheap gear sound good anyway.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    here's a good idea.....ship that guitar on over to my house and I'll do my part to spread the word across the internet.

how could nobody try to claim that prize? is there NOBODY on there that wanted it?? honestly, I've never heard of the site, but if there's a free guitar in it, I'll gladly go there rather than ultimate-guitar.com which is full of pre-pubescent boys and try to recruit some people to go there.
    i don't really understand because it seems there are a lot of people with over 10 posts there. so what was the original criteria? i don't get it.
    I hear ya loud and clear, but there are 12 forums that offer exposure to the cheap and mass produced. The Hub's niche is the Cork Sniffer stuff that only those in the "know" and those who own studios get a crack at.

The Hub was created to give the average Joe a taste of the good stuff through tour boxes and direct communication with the builders along with interaction via ToneFests.

There is a ton of stuff I will never be able to afford but knowing about it allows me a little insight on what serperates the unique from the cookie cutter and what is made with attention to detail versus a quick buck.

2 years ago I would have never looked so closely at a finish or at a fret board. Today I look at things most don't and its because I was introduced to fine builders.

If you use the wine correlation, there will always be a 2 Buck Chuck. You just have to know what to look for and recognize it before the word gets out: Enter TheGuitarHub.com

The problem with boutique stuff is not price, but production. Get in early and you get the goods cheap! Get in during the flavor of the week and you might as well go to Ebay and get bent over.

There are hunderds of Landgraff's Hermidia's, Juhl's out there don't be fooled into thinking your tone has to come from MXR, EH, BOSS because you can't afford anything else, that is PURE BS!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    I hear ya loud and clear, but there are 12 forums that offer exposure to the cheap and mass produced. The Hub's niche is the Cork Sniffer stuff that only those in the "know" and those who own studios get a crack at.

The Hub was created to give the average Joe a taste of the good stuff through tour boxes and direct communication with the builders along with interaction via ToneFests.

There is a ton of stuff I will never be able to afford but knowing about it allows me a little insight on what serperates the unique from the cookie cutter and what is made with attention to detail versus a quick buck.

2 years ago I would have never looked so closely at a finish or at a fret board. Today I look at things most don't and its because I was introduced to fine builders.

If you use the wine correlation, there will always be a 2 Buck Chuck. You just have to know what to look for and recognize it before the word gets out: Enter TheGuitarHub.com

The problem with boutique stuff is not price, but production. Get in early and you get the goods cheap! Get in during the flavor of the week and you might as well go to Ebay and get bent over.

There are hunderds of Landgraff's Hermidia's, Juhl's out there don't be fooled into thinking your tone has to come from MXR, EH, BOSS because you can't afford anything else, that is PURE BS!

Good point J, The services that the hub provides like tour boxes should be a huge attraction. Mr. Famous using something dosen't make it good and if you can find a good deal early, you can actually make money on boutique stuff.

You disapoint me though, I thought you'd have ordered one of those new digidesign pro HD systems for the casa. ;)
    absolutely i agree. i know that's the hub's mandate. but that's also why it doesn't primarily interest me. i'm not saying you should change it.

i don't have the time to get into the "know" to be honest. and the gearpage really woke me up to the lemminglike frenzy around certain pedals.

and i did start to dabble in some of the really high end stuff, at least pedal-wise and was, for the most part, underwhelmed. part of that is my playing situation. part of that is my sense of cost vs. utility.

part of it now is that i enjoy the sort of DIY ethic. taking mass-produced stuff and experimenting on it etc. i have a mix now. mostly a mix of off the shelf and semi-boutique with a healthy dose of self-built/tinkered stuff.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Good point J, The services that the hub provides like tour boxes should be a huge attraction. Mr. Famous using something dosen't make it good and if you can find a good deal early, you can actually make money on boutique stuff.

You disapoint me though, I thought you'd have ordered one of those new digidesign pro HD systems for the casa. ;)

I need to move some stuff, I have no room :)

Sean at Lovepedal sent me his new 2.5 watt amp and it is amazing. It actually does cleans and I hear a little plexi. I had some fun with Eye of the Beholder yesterday. It comes in a lunchbox sized wood box and smells fresh and lovely :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• hey, i just want to say thanks J, i had the tourbox before Nate (username Aaronblues), and it was an incredibly fun experience for me. I also picked up my MAdProf DBD thru there, so again, much appreciated.
    I couldn't tell you why the Hub's traffic is so slow, but I really appreciate that guys like Skreddy, Scotty from ProAnalog, Nate from Bumbox, and Bjorn are checking in and throwing normal chat type opinions in the mix, instead of Official Company Hype. These are the guys that everyone freaks out over on TGP or HC, but here they actually get to speak there mind, with a minimum of ass kissing in return. Refreshing.

I'm all in for more tourboxes, and I have no idea what to do with that Fender. I'll definitely take it! (15 posts i'm up to know, i believe).

I spend most of my forum time at Musictoyz, and the only difference between their forum and yours is the shop that hosts it. Their forum also has a fair amount of great builders around (Blekas from Pedalworx, Teese, Bob Sweet, Cusack, Barber) who have there heads on straight. But it's very easy to talk about the new arriving pedals. That's one thing you're not going to be able to change, unless you open a shop.....

lastly, i sell wine for a living, and you're right. There will always be a 2 buck chuck. But for people with discerning tastes, there are plenty of real choices and flavors to be sampled, discussed, enjoyed...

aaron
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I'd have taken it. It's not that I'm limited by ignorance, I know all about companies like BJF, Menatone, Skreddy, etc. but I'm somewhat limited by funds. I only get what gear I can afford and most of the time, it's used Boss or MXR stuff.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    JofZ wrote:
    We advertise heavily on all the search engines. We had ads running in 2 magazines for a year, it did nothing.

If people do not talk the advertising doesn't register.

We had a rule for the advertisers on our forum to place a link, those that did added 2% a month to our membership.

Oh well I get a new Strat :)

I vaguely remember clicking on a link about this, or maybe not. Which kinda illustrates your problem. Basically, there is a massive background static of advertising these days, which requires massive resources to "cut through".
    Even then, people need to be looking, or will not be interested. Too many people advertising too much stuff, and a constant clamour of groooooooovy voices offering grooooooooooovy stuff means poeple are numb to it all. I know I am.
    Our home web-site comes up really early on a any search related to breeding Arabian horses, which is a surprise to us. Having links popular sites seems to help that, I think, or something like that. Somehow we have our address in the right place to make the search engines tingle.

Actually, I seem to recall that I didn't bother looking, because I don't really dig Strats. I just had one for a few weeks, but sold it again, without regret. But now I know what the site is about, I'm keen to go and have a look. I too, am at the stage where I inspect fretwork etc, rather than being confused by the bling, as I was a couple of years ago.
    Music is not a competetion.
    tourbox is here and it's awesome.

I'm LOVING the Blister Agent.

It's nice to have an octavia to play with too.

The THC is one of the best chorus effects I've ever used....