Just got myself a DL-4

dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
damn gear page! :)

185 shipped in great condition with box and adapter....too tough to pass up! I know a few of you out there have one of these so any newbie tips to share with me? Any nifty settings you've discovered and any interesting sounds you're able to get out of it. I've heard some oscillation clips from Ex and they sound killer!

It's possible this will replace the DD-5 so if I take a liking to the DL-4 I'll probably put the Boss up for sale.

also...where's a good online place to get good, affordable pedal patch cables?
"I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hey dude,

Nice buy!!

Keep me in mind for the DD-5 :):)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    try the multihead echo, the one based on the roland space echo. it's my current favourite.

the DL4 very quickly replaced my DD-5 back in the day.

i only have a good canadian source for cables.
  • exhausted wrote:

Where abouts Ex?? :)

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    Where abouts Ex?? :)

guitarpartscanada.com

for george l's and stuff. the prices are pretty good. i've bought a few things from them.
  • exhausted wrote:
    guitarpartscanada.com

for george l's and stuff. the prices are pretty good. i've bought a few things from them.

Thanks man...:)

.NJD.
  • exhausted wrote:
    try the multihead echo, the one based on the roland space echo. it's my current favourite.

the DL4 very quickly replaced my DD-5 back in the day.

you canucks think you're such a special club don't you :)

Ex, you have an expression pedal with your DL4 right? What all does that control and how useful is it? Do you have the actual Line 6 expression pedal or a different brand?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
    i have the actual line 6 pedal.

what it allows you to do is save one setting at heel down and one at toe down. then, as you move the pedal, it smoothly morphs from one setting to the other or anywhere in between. i find it very useful. basically you double your settings.

on those clips i sent you, all the warping was done with the expression pedal. i think the boss EV-5 will work too. i haven't tried it though.

it's a 10K linear pot in the exp. pedal, if that means anything.

try these guys for cables and stuff. sorry i didn't think of it last night.

tonefactor.com
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    make sure you play with the looper, fowards and reverse, note that stomping the last switch to the right gives you 28 seconds. and double tapping reverses the whole thing, you can also get half speed, half speed reverse, it's quite interesting really.

oh, and on the memory man with the modulation, play with the modulation and bring the mix totally wet, then shorten the delay, you can get a rediculous flange that way.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    make sure you play with the looper, fowards and reverse, note that stomping the last switch to the right gives you 28 seconds. and double tapping reverses the whole thing, you can also get half speed, half speed reverse, it's quite interesting really.

oh, and on the memory man with the modulation, play with the modulation and bring the mix totally wet, then shorten the delay, you can get a rediculous flange that way.
    To me the looper is almost like an added bonus. I really got this for the different delays so the looper being on there is like a freebie.

Sounds like I can do some really cool things with this baby...might be overwhelming at first! 28 seconds you say?...and I thought 14 was more than enough :) I'm also hoping the analog delay settings do a good job of modeling the real thing...i played around with a Memory Man yesterday and was in analog bliss (crazy oscillation on that thing, whoa!)

thanks for the tips...feel free to keep em coming:)