New Pedalboard Setup...give suggestions here

dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Alright everyone...i figured it's past-due time that i graduate from my Digitech RP3 multi-effects processor and actually go all out and get myself a pedalboard and other single effects.

So far all i've got (can afford) is Dunlop 535Q wah and the Pedalboard itself. So here's the question...what other effects should i get. As of now i'm thinking Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer will be the next purchase, and after that will be the MXR Phase 90. Good choices...yes or no? Any other effect suggestions or recommendations are welcome. Thanks.
"I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Anyone have any suggestions? i don't really know a whole lot about different pedals and whatnot...so i'm kinda just going by what is recommended and what has a lot of good reviews.

Also, like i mentioned above i'm thinking TS9 will be the next purchase. How important is the TS808 / JRC4558D? Does it make a huge difference? What are the differences, etc.? Also, what is a "Brown" mod?

Help me please :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV