Indyguitarist Epidemic

dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.indyguitarist.com/epidemic.htm

anyone either seen this in action or had the chance to toy around with it? Seems like it could be a really cool little gadget to add to a pedalboard. Not that it's really conventional or would be used a lot...still would be a fun pedal to toy around with and get some very unique sounds.

i'm playing the sound clips right now and my dog is freaking out :)
"I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i built a feedback loop into my DS-1. lots of fun. it's a really simple, passive circuit so i'd have a hard time paying so much for one.
  • exhausted wrote:
    i built a feedback loop into my DS-1. lots of fun. it's a really simple, passive circuit so i'd have a hard time paying so much for one.
    well it'd be easier to pay when you don't know jack about building your own :)

man i wish i knew stuff about electronics...it'd be fun to be able to tinker and mod pedals.

so your feedback loop is basically the same thing? I remember you talking about it after you finished it, but don't recall the specifics.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    same thing pretty much though, obviously, i can't place a bunch of other pedals in there too. put a phaser in the loop of one of those and it sounds like a siren. when i first built it, it was an separate unti but the DS-1 was the only thing i liked in the loop so i just wired it in.

the indyguitarist one is the most reasonable prices of all the version out there it seems. most are $100+ which is quite a laugh.