I got a Ukulele this weekend...

dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
and i learned Soon Forget and Can't Keep in about 20 minutes...and now i'm out of ideas:)

fun little instrument though!
"I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• start playing leads on it. It sounds awesome/hilarious.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • start playing leads on it. It sounds awesome/hilarious.
    haha, i felt like i was in spinal tap (yes i know it's not a uke solo in stone henge, but close enough)

my roommate was just sittin around and i went up to him and got in his face and assaulted him with my wicked metal uke skills...needless to say he was impressed :cool:
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • haha, i felt like i was in spinal tap (yes i know it's not a uke solo in stone henge, but close enough)

my roommate was just sittin around and i went up to him and got in his face and assaulted him with my wicked metal uke skills...needless to say he was impressed :cool:

Hey which uke didja get? How much was it?
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • Hey which uke didja get? How much was it?
    actually my mom just randomly got me a uke...pretty cool.

it's a tenor uke, Amigo is the brand. Nothing fancy, just a good time :)

http://www.musiciansbestbuy.com/page/musiciansbestbuy/PROD/Amigo_Ukuleles/AMT8

• I'm interested in buying a tenor uke. Nothing too expensive, but I wouldn't mind having a decent quality instrument, either. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
    It's evolution, baby!
  • rockfordrockford Posts: 151
    and i learned Soon Forget and Can't Keep in about 20 minutes...and now i'm out of ideas:)

fun little instrument though!

Don't forget Blue, Red, Gray!
    rock musik rockar röv.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    write a song with it.