Got my Cab & Keeley BD-2 today...gear pics inside

dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Today was an amazing postal day for myself :)

Received my Avatar 2x12 cab with Celestion V30 and G12H30. Wow...I've only spent an hour or two with it and so far I'm blown away. It of course took me a few minutes of tinkering with my amp settings and pedal settings, but i'm almost there (but not quite) to my optimum tone. My Shannon Overdrive's balls just grew hair on them, and my SD-9 now has tons more bite to it. I notice a huge and delicious difference when playing leads...so much thicker and fuller...much more musical...dead sexy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Prestoholtz/Music%20Gear/Amp-Cab.jpg

Onto the Keeley BD-2. Damn is this pedal versatile! Very transparent on low-gain settings, but this thing damn near goes fuzz with cranked gain...badass. It has a very natural tube break-up sound to it on the low gains...you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I'm overly impressed by the workmanship of Keeley Electronics...the volume has been greatly increased and I could use this as a clean boost with volume to spare. It's quite a bit different from the Shannon OD which is great to get a wide array of tones. Right now I've got the BD-2 after my Shannon and SD-9 so I can fatten up both of those pedals. When used with my SD-9 I've got an amazing metal-ish tone that can go to a fuzz if i increase the gain by one or two. The bass boost switch adds that *perfect* amount of bass boost...this coupled with my SD-9 is fucking HEAVY...room shaking :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Prestoholtz/Music%20Gear/Pedalboard.jpg

I am one happy geek right now :D...especially considering a year ago all i had was the wah, strat and LP. Now I just need to form a band to show all this stuff off too!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Prestoholtz/Music%20Gear/Gear.jpg
"I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'm buying another keeley BD-2 as soon as i can raise the funds. for the transparency.
  • Nice man!!!

That stuff looks awesome!!!!

Hopefully i can set up a beauty pedal board one day....I've just got the 1 right now but am in the market for #2....actually..lol...i'm gunna start a thread on that. :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • How do you like your peavey amp
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • How do you like your peavey amp
    I dig it. If i were to do it over, I probably would've gotten the 2x10...although now with the cab the 15" isn't a big deal. Don't get me wrong, it's a great sounding amp, I'd just personally prefer the 10's.

The delta blues has a pretty solid overdrive and tremelo, which was an added bonus to an already stellar sounding amp. If you need a great tube amp on a tight budget, it's not hard to find these for under 400 on ebay. I recommend trying one out, I'm happy with mine :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Hey Don'tGo,

Have you had to worry about that Lamp behind the amps exploding yet ? :)

I have some posters on the wall behind my amp, in frames. They rattle like hell when things get loud.

I have a similar setup to yours in a corner that way.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Nice Rig, Very nice Rig. I kind of wish I'd kept my Shannon Prototype OD with the switchable clipping. I need a new OD to spice things up and it sounded great.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Hey Don'tGo,

Have you had to worry about that Lamp behind the amps exploding yet ? :)

I have some posters on the wall behind my amp, in frames. They rattle like hell when things get loud.

I have a similar setup to yours in a corner that way.
    Haven't been able to really give it hell yet...I will be doing that shortly as soon as my roommate in the room next to me wakes up (on his own :)) But there already is some definite rattling :D

Pacomc79 wrote:
    Nice Rig, Very nice Rig. I kind of wish I'd kept my Shannon Prototype OD with the switchable clipping. I need a new OD to spice things up and it sounded great.
    Thanks Paco. i wonder if Eric has anymore OD's sitting around?

I really can't stop singing his praises about his Overdrive. It's perfect for me and mixes beautifly with the SD9 and BD2. Like I said, totally different from the BD-2, and the combination is superb.

My cleans sound amazing through this new cab...a major improvement that really brought my entire sound to life. My wah seems to be coming through better than it did before with more sweep to it. And i have yet to hear the infamous Peavey tube rattle.

I can't believe i hesitated buying an Avatar cab...and i can't believe they can build and sell these things for so cheap!