Options

Anyone here following our own einatshaul's fanwalk for the MTV EMA's?

Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
edited November 2008 in The Porch
http://www.fanwalk.tv/en_en/main.jsc#voting/1/id=5687

I love this girl. She is the best friend I've made since high school. And it's because she has the balls and spirit to do shit like this.

From http://www.fanwalk.tv/en_en/main.jsc#fanwalk/0
In early August 2008 Sony Ericsson put up an unprecedented challenge, searching for the biggest music fans on earth to walk from London to Liverpool, to the MTV Europe Music Awards 2008. The response was awesome! More than 3500 music fans from all over Europe applied online on http://www.fanwalk.tv to be part of the biggest FanWalk in music history. Finally, 100 crazy boys and girls impressed the jury by their creativity, their talent and the many votes they received from their friends.

On the 29th of October 100 FanWalkers from Europe will gather in London to travel 400 kilometers all the way to the MTV EMAs, finishing at the Echo Arena in Liverpool on the 6th of November.
Rain or shine, the FanWalkers will walk the long road to Liverpool. The road will take them to bustling cities, muddy roads and beautiful country-side.

For 9 adventure-packed days the FanWalkers will go through many challenges! Watch them as they go through crazy hair-cuts, drastic make-overs and other exciting challenges to prove why they are Europe’s biggest music fans! One lucky FanWalker will also have the honour to get on stage at the MTV EMAs ’08 to hand over an award to one of the esteemed music acts - what could be a greater honour for a true music fan?
See how the FanWalkers survive the walk through rough and rainy Britain! Watch it here, on fanwalk.tv! The official website of the Sony Ericsson FanWalk.

Will Einat make it to the end? Let's watch and see.

BTW - I posted it on the Porch, 'cause that's where she does most of her posting.

Edit - Did she make it? I've been too busy with American crap to notice this ended last night! :o
Walking can be a real trip
"We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,616
    And it's because she has the balls and spirit to do shit like this.

She has what now? mama mia!!
    j/k

Einat is sweet! Best of luck! :)
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Well the EMAs were last night so she should be done.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Well the EMAs were last night so she should be done.

Yeah, I edited my post and yes I feel like a tool for not being more up on it. I'm watching the vids of the walk via Facebook to see if I can spot our girl.
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Holy sweet cow!!! Go girl go!! I have a special, crazy memory of her in Seattle, it's private though, can't share it! hehehehe
    Can someone post an update, please!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    Holy sweet cow!!! Go girl go!! I have a special, crazy memory of her in Seattle, it's private though, can't share it! hehehehe
    Can someone post an update, please!

I tried to watch the vid clips to see if they showed her much (she didn't win the walk-on :(), but I'm nearly 34 and these were a bunch of kids with their obnoxiousness levels at about 11 or so. I couldn't make it through the clips. Perhaps, I was just getting bitter that I wasn't seeing Einat. :rolleyes:

S'pose I'll have to wait for her to respond to my messages.

I'm sure she did fine. This is a girl who BACKPACKED through Alaska for four freaking months! :eek:
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Crazy woman's probably walking home to Israel.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4724843&l=02018&id=877405320

Your own, after walking 15 Km a day, through mud, rain, snow, moores, farm fields, wrong side of the road city streets, wild parties and 99 crazy music fans - is at last back home sweet home!

Wishing you all a happy new American presidency and keep on rocking to GOOD music!
  • Options
    EdVedHedEdVedHed Posts: 100
    you rock, my friend !! miss you too
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.......Nietzsche
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Congrats on finishing ur wild journey.