Boss pedal repair help

dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hopefully there are a few of you here that can offer me your advice on this one.

My BD-2 switch sucks. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I'll stomp it and the light will go on, but when i take my foot off it sometimes goes off...and vice versa.

obviously this is frusterating...especially when i use the BD-2 as a boost and i need it triggered at certain times for solos, etc...very frusterating when I have to stomp it a few times before it finally turns on/off!

Now...i don't really know much about pedals/modification. The biggest thing i've ever done was the r28 mod on my Phase 90...so clearly my expertise is very limited.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
"I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    assuming it's the switch itself,

here's the part:
    http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=36

it's not on the circuit board so it's just a matter of desoldering the two wires from the old switch and wiring in the new one.

i think.
  • thanks ex

is there anything else it could be besides the switch do you think?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
    it *sounds* like it's the switch. being mechanical, it can become iffy. if it was a component on the board i would assume it would simply fail and stop working completely.

maybe open up the battery door and make sure everything is in the right place there. perhaps spray some contact cleaner into the switch.

if it's a fairly new pedal, i would guess the switch is failing and not just dirty.
  • if i were to send the pedal into Keeley for the mod, do you think he'd fix the switch as well?

just be nice to get both done at once.

i'm sure he would.
  • ok, thanks Ex.

when i get home from the Christmas weekend I'll open it up and fiddle around for a bit to see if i can fix it...if not, just another reason to send it in :)

• 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    im just going to throw out the "idiot suggestion"

Perhaps the rubber part where you unscrew it to replace the battery did not fit in there correctly?

Does that make any sense?

So maybe when you i dont know...

ill shut up, try that preston. You ass.

Just kidding again.