FS/FT: Ibanez SD-9 Sonic Distortion (1980's)

dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
sold
"I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 2 questions

I've got the Box, so as a reference point, does the SD'9 have more gain??

Also, does the sound cut out just at one spot on the dial, or is not functioning anywhere past 12 Noon???

(I thought I already was like Stone.....:rolleyes: )
  • 2 questions

I've got the Box, so as a reference point, does the SD'9 have more gain??

Also, does the sound cut out just at one spot on the dial, or is not functioning anywhere past 12 Noon???

(I thought I already was like Stone.....:rolleyes: )
    Are you asking if the SD-9 has more gain than the TS-9? If so, the answer is yes.

Just cuts out right at 12 noon, before and after that it functions perfectly.

Keep the questions coming, I'm more than happy to answer them :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • bumpin' it

• Do you know how the Ibanez compares to the Maxon SD9?
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • Do you know how the Ibanez compares to the Maxon SD9?
    If I'm not mistaken, when the Ibanez 9 series originally came out they were produced by Maxon (which would include mine). Obviously, nowadays that has changed with both Ibanez and Maxon producing 9 series reissues (Maxon being the superior).

I haven't played a Maxon SD9 reissue nor do I know much about it's circuitry, but I would be surprised if it was drastically different than what they originally produced back in the 80's. I do know that the Maxon reissues are true bypass, something that my SD-9 is not (however, to my ears I haven't noticed any tone loss)...then again are any pedals that are around 20 years old true bypass?

The new Maxon reissues run $150, so there's another comparison as well :)