GAS attack

dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've decided to really give my pedalboard an upgrade. Thanks to visiting the gear page a ton lately, it makes me think that I need all sorts of fun toys and whatnot. I got a paid back a decent amount of money recently and decided it was time to splurge!

My purchases:

Pedaltrain Pro board
Pedal Power 2+
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss Dm-2
Tim (Got on the waiting list, 4 months and counting...)

I'm super stoked to have all these goodies arriving! I figured I had been using the same crappy pedalboard for a couple years and after struggling to find room and dealing with the carpet peeling off I decided it was time to go big or go home. The Pedaltrain will offer me a ton of flexibility and plenty of real estate for inevitable future GAS purchases.

I got the Fuzz Factory from a local guy on craigslist and couldn't believe when he only wanted $150 for the handpainted version (cheaper than a Vexter version). I just won the Dm-2 not 10 minutes ago and couldn't believe it went for such a low price ($165 shipped) and it's cosmetically in pretty decent shape. As far as the Tim is concerned, I blame the gear page 100% for that :)...everyone rants and raves about it so I figured I may as well get on the list for it; at least I have plenty to keep me busy for the next 4 months!

I know what I'll be doing all weekend :D
"I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Sweet!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • This Tim waiting list is BS, someone needs to make a copy of it.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • Tim? What is this?
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Tim? What is this?

it's a preamp dual pedal (boost/overdrive) built by Nashville amp genius Paul Cochrane. He also makes a smaller one called the Timmy.

I believe he's also associated with Heritage Amplifiers. http://www.heritageamplifiers.com/

Nice gets DGOM!
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • This Tim waiting list is BS, someone needs to make a copy of it.
    It's still better than paying twice as much for it on the second-hand market. And it's not nearly as bad as the year long waiting list for the Analogman KoT.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV