Benefit show for Utica, IL

tree789tree789 Posts: 23
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
This is Chris Gawlik from Brain of J, Pearl Jam cover band out of Chicago, IL. We all know what has happened to the small town of Utica earlier this week and we are looking to help. Our goal is to organize a benefit show and raise money to help rebuild something in Utica. Don't know what yet, just want to do something to help. I / we have never oraganized anything like this before and are a little unsure as to where to start. We are looking to do this within the next 3 to 4 weeks. We are looking for bands, venue, and ideas as to where to donate.

Anyone that is in band or that wants to help and donate some of their time to help out in this...or if you have a suggestion, please let me know. Post any ideas here, PM me, or email me at treetree789@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance for everyones help and ideas!!!

Chris Gawlik - Brain of J

www.brainofj.net

www.evenflowrocks.com

"I have a bigger cock than Flea and Patrick Ewing combined, but I don't want to brag."
ed - 11-5-00
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    WLS 890 AM has a fund they are setting up for donations......

"Three years ago the Village of Utica not only welcomed WLS as we held one of our largest station events of the year, but they made us feel like family. The entire Village of Utica embraced, organized and supported our event. Now we would like to show our support in their time of need. WLS has launched a drive to assist the families of the victims of the tornado that ripped through of the town of Utica, IL Tuesday evening.

Today, Utica is mourning the loss of members of their small community, and we want to enlist the help of our listeners to assist those who lost loved ones, and to that end, we have opened the WLS Utica Disaster Relief Fund.

Checks are made payable to "The WLS Utica Disaster Relief Fund" and mailed to:

The WLS Utica Disaster Relief Fund

c/o The First National Bank Of Illinois

3256 Ridge Road

Lansing, Illinois, 60438

We appreciate any help you’re able to give to the people of Utica!"

http://www.wlsam.com/shownews.asp?ID=84798

i dunno if anyone at the station would have any input as to how to help get your benifit going.

good luck with it.....
  • tree789tree789 Posts: 23
    that is a start..if anything, im sure they would promote whatever we decide to do..thank you!

Chris

www.brainofj.net

www.evenflowrocks.com

"I have a bigger cock than Flea and Patrick Ewing combined, but I don't want to brag."
    ed - 11-5-00
  • good luck Chris, that is cool of you guys.
    thank you!
    Chris

www.brainofj.net

www.evenflowrocks.com

ed - 11-5-00
  • We'd definitely be up for helping...just let one of us know through Kurt maybe? We once played at a place near there in Ottowa called "the Busted Prop" It ws a really cool outdoor show on an elevated beergarden over the river...maybe there? lemme know ScOTt
    www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
    ill have to look into that...im a little worried about doing in outside, always at risk to the weather....

i think im gonna try 602 north in glendale heights first just because we have a good relationship with the owners and the show should go nice and smooth...

www.brainofj.net

www.evenflowrocks.com

ed - 11-5-00
  • hey man, I am in Glorious Blue of St. Louis, MO. if you could give me more info i can talk it over with the rest of my band. I do know that we have a ton of shows coming up, but hopefully we can help you out.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    St. Louis too...

Let me know, and I will talk with my band.

gimmesome truth... what's the name of your band?
    There's No Code.
  • gimmesome truth... what's the name of your band?

glorious blue
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Yeah, I missed that...

We are The Ruckus...
    There's No Code.