Contents of gig bag/case?

TavTav Posts: 63
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
So what are those extras pieces of gear/equipments/oddities that you take along to your gigs to make life easier? I expect to see about 101 uses for duct-tape by the end of this thread...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    when i used to play live....

-cigarettes.
    -lamp for my pedalboard.
    -a couple candles.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    GHS Fast Fret. Leatherman tool. If I'm doing sound, Black stage tape. For yeah 1001 uses. oh and notes a plenty. I can't remember words for shit.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    gloves
    Baby powder
    A change of shoes
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    A Leatherman or Gerber is a great idea for any gig. A set of work gloves (I prefer Mechanix-brand gloves, available at hardware and automotive stores). A set of GOOD needlenose pliers with wire cutters. String winder. Spare strings. Spare cables. Spare patch cables. Drum key (because he won't have one). Spare 9-volt (even though I use a power supply).

Spare tubes ain't a bad idea.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    fender nickel wounds or martin acoustic SPs phospher bronze strings. #1 phillips head screwdriver, wire cutters, lighter, scalpel style exacto knife, deodorant, and some extra cable,
  • A little flashlight, extra set of strings, with a high e and a "b" string in my pocket, ready to go because that's what I usually break. Gerber tool, a cable long enough to go straight to the amp if something messes up in the effects chain, and the 2 things that fuel rock and roll:

9 volt batteries and gaffers tape!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    A little flashlight, extra set of strings, with a high e and a "b" string in my pocket, ready to go because that's what I usually break. Gerber tool, a cable long enough to go straight to the amp if something messes up in the effects chain, and the 2 things that fuel rock and roll:

9 volt batteries and gaffers tape!

Good ones, Bob... I forgot to mention a flashlight, and gaff tape is ALWAYS great to have (duct tape? Pfft).
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.