been working on a few songs

sevensinssevensins Posts: 887
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
i've been working on a few songs for my band, the quallity is poor at best, but as far as the songs themselves what do you think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• page doesn't load
  • TavTav Posts: 63
    Did you record these songs in some sort of defunct echo chamber? I think you've really overdone the reverb/effects...I'll listen to more of them later and post some more constructive/usefull feedback.
  • I've listened to the 1st song and I gotta say I really liked it. Kind of like George Harrison in some respects. Very eerie. My only suggestion would be to back off the flange on the guitar because it's obscouring the actual chords (you hear the effect more than the notes...).

Overall, I like it.

I'll definately listen to the others in a moment.

In the meantime, maybe have a listen to my songs:

http://www.deadlogic.com

Peace

K.
    --- www.myspace.com/coldwarsundays ---
  • sevensinssevensins Posts: 887
    Tav wrote:
    Did you record these songs in some sort of defunct echo chamber? I think you've really overdone the reverb/effects...I'll listen to more of them later and post some more constructive/usefull feedback.

thank you for listing and for the feedback, i apretiate it. i assume your refuring to the first 2 songs, and the second "savingnon blanc" is actialy like 10 voices all at diffent pitches with different effects...that sounded cool in theory, but i gess its a bit too 'echoy'. thanks for the advice. and soon the quality will be upgrated, i'm getting protools and a sound proofed studio built.
    I've listened to the 1st song and I gotta say I really liked it. Kind of like George Harrison in some respects. Very eerie. My only suggestion would be to back off the flange on the guitar because it's obscouring the actual chords (you hear the effect more than the notes...).

Overall, I like it.

I'll definately listen to the others in a moment.

In the meantime, maybe have a listen to my songs:

http://www.deadlogic.com

Peace

K.

thank you for listing, i was thinking the same thing with the flange and chourus, but my guitarist liked it the way it was. now i got some one on my side :D. tell me if u like or hate the rest if u get a chance.

i checked out your songs, very nice. much better quality than my own obviously. I dont know if your the songwriter, but if you are you got a good understanding of arangement and hooks. I'm a sucker for intresting effects and theres some cool ass stuff happening in these songs....kinda reminds me of screaming trees meets porcupine tree.

Is deadlogic broken up? If so are you in another band? if you are come to boston and play sometime

thanks for listing
  • Hey man, me again. I managed to listen to the other songs, and again I liked 'em a lot.

I think with the music you're doing, if people listen to the songs on their own, maybe they will make the assumption that there's "too many fx" etc, but I think as a collective it really works. It's quite moody man, and I really dig that kind of vibe in songs :D. Really impressed overall mate :D.

As for my thing, yeah I'm the singer/songwriter/producer etc etc. Procupine tree? haha... our drummer will be made up you've said that :d

Our new thing is in my sig (http://www.projectradio.co.uk) and we're going to start recording new songs soon.

If you want to know anything more on what gear I used etc, then email me.

And your final point... Boston is a long way from Liverpool dude hehe... but hopefully we'll get there one day :D.

Take care.

K.
    --- www.myspace.com/coldwarsundays ---
    i'm always intrested in gear. Everytime i listen to a song i wonder how to get that sound...probibly why i use too manny effects lol. defenetly want to hear your new band when ur done recording.

ps. all hail porcupine tree!