New Toy..

itsevolutionbabyitsevolutionbaby Posts: 144
edited July 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok so I can't say that my wife is a total nag about all the gear and money I spend on silly stuf anymore. She got me a Gibson DG335 for my anniversary present. It's in the nice pelham blue, and it's a really really nice guitar. I never really considered a hollow body before, but it's great. Not nearly as thick sounding as my LPC, but still nice an full. It also cleans up really nicely by just backing the volume off. Not to mention it is so light and comfortable to play. I hadn't really paid much attention to these guitars since I wasn't in the market to spend that kind of cash, and I am not a huge Dave Grohl fan, but I was impressed. I registered it with gibson, and got a confirmation from the custom shop that they are only making 300 of these total. That seems like a really small number for an artist model, but whatever. Anyone have one of the old Trini Lopez models in their stable?
What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Those are gorgeous guitars.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    I saw Dave with it for the Vh1 Rock Honors thing, it's beautiful. enjoy.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    If I ever get married, I'd love a wife that gets me neat gear!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    congrats on the guitar and also on your anniversary. that is one gorgeous guitar. enjoy!