Shannon Uniphase

itsevolutionbabyitsevolutionbaby Posts: 144
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
My wife surprised me with one of these for christmas, and WOW!! What a great effect. I have been blown away by both of the Shannon effects I have aquired in the past few months. The OD is like butter drippin off a hot biscuit, and the uniphase is of another planet. If you have the opportunity, I highly reccomend picking one up. Anyone else get anything cool for the holidays????
What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Shirts, ties and socks. I wish I had people knowledgeable about gear to buy me stuff. That's my New Years Resolution. New girlfriend and start training her now!
  • is there a way that you can send me a sound clip of the Shannon OD??
    send me a PM or something
    thanks
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    are there any sound clips of this?
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    mig has some i believe.

it's very much in the same vein as the lovepedal magicboy but with more flexibility.
  • i would definitely be interested in hearing the OD, actually i'd like to hear both of the pedals. people have been talking about how great they are for a long time but i am always hesitant about buying things before i hear them. i trust alot of people in this forum, so i may just have to pull the trigger and get myself one with the old tax return..
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • moster78 wrote:
    Shirts, ties and socks. I wish I had people knowledgeable about gear to buy me stuff. That's my New Years Resolution. New girlfriend and start training her now!

ladies & gentlemen!!!!!! a scarf...
    ThisIsNotAnExit
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    El_Kabong wrote:
    are there any sound clips of this?

I can make some for you I have Migs on my computer at home. It really is an excellent effect, not quite a univibe but close (it does not really do the ping pong thing it's more swirly but hendrix is easily found especially when using fuzz or distortion and rolling back to 8 on the volume knob), drippy syruppy 4 stage Phase, my favorite phase effect I've ever plugged in. Probably good to own even if you do have an infinite phase, and a CC2. 70's style legato solos are fun to play on the uniphase. It sounds very analog even with the color all the way bright. It's never shrill.

The OD is out of production as far as I know folks but I guess think of an 808 but smoother It's a tubescreamer but a very soft clip, very very very smooth and velvety just like the pots feel on it. The main thing I've noticed that is sonomous with eric's stuff besides the really tight construction and soldier joints, is smoothness. His choices for parts lie on the side of smoothness. It's very round and not harsh at all.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • When I got my OD a few months ago he had 2 left. Not sure if they are still sitting around. you might drop him a line at eric@shannon-effects.com. He also checks the board from time to time.. telesonic is his board name I think.
  • WOW, the wife came home with an Ibanez AD-9 yesterday for an early birthday present. I never thought I really had much use for a delay, but this thing is really cool. I guess digital delays are the only ones I have actually played with, and their sound is so synthetic to me. This one is nice and warm, and really fun to play with. Any suggested songs to use this thing on?
    not bad, a uniphase and an analog delay from a woman who hates 'guitar stuff'