It's an Orange!!!

itsevolutionbabyitsevolutionbaby Posts: 144
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well, I broke down and ordered myself an Orange AD30tc, and I still can't believe how good it sounds. I can't seem to wipe the silly grin off my face, and I am sure that Pac knows what I am talking about. Stellar tone, and an amazing ability to translate picking dynamics. I knew I would be happy with it, but never imagined how good it would actually sound. The only other amp I was considering was the Marshall 1974x, but I read several reviews on HC that led me to believe that it is a high maintenance rig. Just wanted to share my joy!!!
What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Congrats. I have no doubt it sounds fabulous. :cool:
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    Nice pick-up!!

I've never played through an Orange...but I've heard nothing but great things!!!

The store near me doesn't carry any :(
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • DirtLikeMeDirtLikeMe Posts: 91
    Sweet! I have a Orange 2x12 cabinet that I love.

Actually, I saw Gomez last night and their lead guitarist is now using an AC30 Orange. His tone was unbelievable.
    And if hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    They are very nice amps! Congrats!
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    Nice one. I have an AD30R which will be with me 'til I die.
  • The LurkerThe Lurker Posts: 25
    Orange stuff is good so long as you take care of it-- it's not as durable as, say, a Traynor or so on. Tim Sult from Clutch-- one of my favorites-- uses/used Orange stuff a lot.
  • The Lurker wrote:
    Orange stuff is good so long as you take care of it-- it's not as durable as, say, a Traynor or so on. Tim Sult from Clutch-- one of my favorites-- uses/used Orange stuff a lot.

It's actually built like a tank. It makes my Marshall JCM 900 seem like a cheap toy. The birch cab, and the chassis are very well put together. The thing weighs almost 90 lbs. I really dont think it's gonna be an issue.
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
    The Lurker wrote:

Traynor's are only durable until they break. :D

I guess I just treat mine like a pimp does a 2 dollar whore. :eek:

probably shouldn't have said that
    Traynor's are only durable until they break. :D

I guess I just treat mine like a pimp does a 2 dollar whore. :eek:

probably shouldn't have said that

Dirty!!!!

Faithfull!!!!

Nice!!! :D:D

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    Dirty!!!!

Faithfull!!!!

Nice!!! :D:D

Oh shit, didn't even notice.

I guess the school year allows a lot of time for dinking around on the net. :D

Working, not so much. :( BUT it's the weekend!
    Oh shit, didn't even notice.

I guess the school year allows a lot of time for dinking around on the net. :D

Working, not so much. :( BUT it's the weekend!

Lol :)

I'm pumped for Tuesday!!

I can't remember.....are you going to both shows??

.NJD.
    Lol :)

I'm pumped for Tuesday!!

I can't remember.....are you going to both shows??

You'd betta believe it.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    You'd betta believe it.

Lucky bastards. I have to wait a month for my two!
    You'd betta believe it.

Haha Awesome!!!!

.NJD.
  • Thats an awesome amp man.

The Marshall 1974x is just amazing too. The problem with it besides the fact that its a combo which just beats the snot out of the tubes, is that the transformer is undersized, and has been none to burn out.

If anyone is every leaning in that direction, I'd suggest to go thru ceratone and have a clone built (the one I heard that my friend owns actually sounds better to me then the marshall reissue), they put in a better transformer. I'd also suggest getting the head version of it too, and run it thru a 2x12 or something. Help those tubes live too.

Good luck with the amp.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/