What do you think of this guitar ?

StrangestAutumnStrangestAutumn Posts: 4
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
It's an Epiphone 1963 Firebird VII .

http://media.zzounds.com/media/brand,zzounds/p15024B-ec52023d2034bc24d8add37fc772d88c.jpg

Can somebody with alot of experience in guitars and make of guitars tell me if this is good .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    alls i know is that i've always wanted a firebird -- preferably a gibson, but i'd settle for an epi. my only thing is that it'd have to be in the original "reverse" style, not that "non-reverse" shite that's been reissued recently.
  • Originally posted by uninnocent
    alls i know is that i've always wanted a firebird -- preferably a gibson, but i'd settle for an epi. my only thing is that it'd have to be in the original "reverse" style, not that "non-reverse" shite that's been reissued recently.

whats reverse and non-reverse ?

im ignorant i know....sue me
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    (if i'm wrong about anything here, i apologize) basically the body of the original firebird model looked upsidedown. so recently epi released a reissue of the firebird but flipped the body so that it looked right-side-up.
  • The Firebird is an awesome-sounding and playing guitar...

If you can appreciate the looks (I don't, but it's personal taste) than I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The Mini-humbuckers aren't my style, either... they're ceramic, and I'm an alnico kinda guy. But they're very full and expressive, and can give you a wide variety of tones in that one guitar.

The floating trem is super-cool... and the fit and finish is probably pretty damn good (although not the same as a Gibson custom). I would recommend trying before you buy, but I can't really say anything bad about it, except it's not the guitar for me. But at the same time, if I had one, I would play one. They sound pretty damned good.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.