Options

Bought My First Guitar ...

aumfcaumfc Posts: 85
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
So, a few days ago I bought an acoustic. I'm going through some little teaching aids to learn the basics but i also like finding TAB and learning songs for fun. So far I've sorta learned "Every Rose Has Its Thorn", "Disarm", "Save Tonight", and "Another Lonely Day". I know, they're basic songs I just found.

So, what I'd like to know is if anyone has any suggestions on easy to play songs that sound good on acoustic?? Also, where to find out how to play them would be nice too.

Thanks,
aumfc
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'm sure you've seen it but http://www.giventowail.com has a whole section on getting started with guitar and easy pj songs to play and whatnot.
  • Options
    Ball and Chain by Social Distortion is easy.
    Play D A G D over and over again. It is easy to strum and sing along to this one.
  • Options
    aumfc, i havent seen you around here in AGES!!! good luck with guitar. Mxtabs.net have loads of tabs :)
  • Options
    aumfcaumfc Posts: 85
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i'm sure you've seen it but http://www.giventowail.com has a whole section on getting started with guitar and easy pj songs to play and whatnot.

could you tell me where that section is? ive looked around and found lots of great stuff but nothing like what you mentioned.

thanks.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    go to their table of contents and then near the bottom under "interact" should be a link for "pearl jam for beginners".

i'd give a direct link but the site is coded such that you can't.
  • Options
    Rocking in The Free World

VERSE:

E D C

Chorus:

G D C E

Boom. Easy song.
    PresiWAH of the Evenflow Fan Club
    Don't need a hand, there's always arms attached.
    Don't get behind I can't fall back.
    Why must we trust all these rusted rails?
    They don't want no change. We already have.