Options

if you could play like any guitarist...who?

terminal velocityterminal velocity Posts: 73
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
me..Mark Knopfler.
wind howls through our new haircuts
the water rushes 'round
heaven knows there's not one thing left to say
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tough call...i'd go with jimmy page
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    james iha.

edit: well, i really should say billy corgan too. given the skills of those two, i could play anything i wanted.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Duane Allman
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Neil Young
  • Options
    John Petrucci (Dream Theater)
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Rory Gallagher and Tony Iommi.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    hendrix 4 sure he was simply the greatest!! theres an australian artist called john butler who is an absolute freak on his 12 string acoustic if he ever tours somewhere near u go and see he is brilliant.
    well i woke up thismornen and i got myself a beer,
    the futures uncertain and the end is always near.
    jim morrison
  • Options
    HENDRIx
  • Options
    Django Rheinhart---Learn his style and you can play anything.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    SRV, no question
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    jimmy page,steve vai or steve morse id feel blessed if i could play half as good as they play!
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Jerry Cantrell. Listen to Unplugged and tell me you don't agree.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    ahem.... McCready.

cough... Hendrix.

Hmmm... SRV
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    NO DISRESPECT!!!

I just really like Cantrell. I also would rather be able to play like Stone than McCready.

I love great lead players, I just prefer to be more rhythmic. Cantrell pulls that off the balance of lead-to-rhythm really well. Page was also damn good at pulling both together.

What can I say? I love riffs.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    jerry cantrell is a bad ass. A great musician too, check out the writing credits for almost every single AIC song.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    jerry cantrell is a bad ass. A great musician too, check out the writing credits for almost every single AIC song.

he's one of my favourites :) jerry is a great musician!
  • Options
    Hi
    I went to see the jazz-guitarist Pat Metheny yesterday and it was incidiary!!
    He plays often superfast but on two songs he played slow and he really got the tone feeling like, that guitar players must(after my opinion)

I would like to play the style of Pat Metheny, beacause then I could learn how to play like Duane Allman, SVR, Mike McCready, Hendrix, Steve Morse and Ritchie Blackmore!!!
  • Options
    viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    David Gilmour.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • Options
    Only one guy! Keef Richards. The FEEL this guy gets is second to none. As a second place? Mick Taylor. What a guy. Totally different style but he is still amazing 30 years after leaving the Stones (http://www.micktaylor.net) and played some of the greatest RNR lead stuff ever recorded. Page, Hendrix, Clapton, Beck, Satriani, EVH, Neil Young, Allman, Robben Ford, SRV etc are all great but I'm speaking personally so don't whip me, please.
    www.amyandtheaviators.co.uk
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    srv easy, the man is great
  • Options
    prolly stone, creative and just clean

but for show and sound srv
    "thiers still time to escape, youve got time to escape
    thiers still time so escape,,,,
    auuuhhheehhh yaeeahh "
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    ani can fill a stadium with only an acoustic guitar. no band. it's amazing.
  • Options
    close battle, but has to be Hendrix. It's the only stuff i really struggle to play.
  • Options
    djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    George Harrison just played so beautifully and effortlessly, itd be hard to not want to be him. Billy Corgan is just the ultimate guitar rockstar, hes got moves that are just crazy. He knows he can make the guitar do anything he wants it too. Mike's like that too, but hes a little more low-key about it
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • Options
    mike
    "Chloe is just like me, only beautiful"
  • Options
    I think jimi hendrix could play like any of those other artist so I would have to go for him, that and he is left handed just like me. Hendrix is just the best no question.
    The baby creatures run in from the cold
    Back to the nest just like the days of old
    There in the safety of a mother's arms
    The warmth of ages, far away from harm again.

• Options
    hendrix or mccready...just love those Alive solos
  • Options
    ZAPPA!!

you either get it, or your not listening close enough.
    "If god really made us in his image, that means god is dumb all over and a little ugly on the side" -FZ
  • Options
    Mike McCready

or

Jimi (that's impossible)
    Don't let me know we're invisible
    Don't let me know we're invisible
    We could dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
    Dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
  • Options
    The GREAT ONE (IMO)....

Edward Ludweijk Van Halen
    "Life Is one crushing defeat after another,until you just wish Flanders was dead!"
    -Homer J.Simpson