Need a loop pedal

terminal velocityterminal velocity Posts: 73
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
So, I'm interested in a loop pedal, but I don't want to go all out on a fancy one like boss rc-20 or anything. Is there something simple and cheap-y (read: ~$90) that I can get to 'test the water' with?
wind howls through our new haircuts
the water rushes 'round
heaven knows there's not one thing left to say
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I think the smallest one you'll find is a Boss RC-2, which is $180 new, maybe $150 used? That's about as cheap/small as it goes. I have a Boss DD-6 which can loop for 5 seconds, but you can't save anything and it's only 5 seconds as opposed to minutes' worth of recording.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    The Digi-Delay by digitech has a 4-second thing but again, you can't record minutes or save anything
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    Loop pedal = Analog to Digital converters + Digital to Analog converters + Digital recorder + Ram = Mini computer / device with more computer power than was available on board Apollo 11.

Think the RC 2 at $180 new is as low as it gets right now. Check ebay for used pedals, but it probably won't get too much lower.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I have both RC-2 and RC-20, and honestly, if you're gonna spend the $$ on an RC-2 go with the RC-20 (it's easier to use).
    You'll need to get an external start/stop footswitch with the RC-2 to make it easier (or you can't stop and erase anything
    on the fly without being ninja quick, and if you stop the loop you can't erase it without starting the loop again, thus you
    hear the loop - not good for live applications - thus the need for the external footswitch), but even with the external
    footswitch it's still not as easy as the RC-20.
    Bottom line - the better deal is the RC-20 unless you have limited space and can run the start/stop footswitch in another place.
    RC-2=$180, RC-20=250 - $70 price difference, though the F/S is another $30 on top of the $180, so technically $40 difference.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    I have both RC-2 and RC-20, and honestly, if you're gonna spend the $$ on an RC-2 go with the RC-20 (it's easier to use).
    You'll need to get an external start/stop footswitch with the RC-2 to make it easier (or you can't stop and erase anything
    on the fly without being ninja quick, and if you stop the loop you can't erase it without starting the loop again, thus you
    hear the loop - not good for live applications - thus the need for the external footswitch), but even with the external
    footswitch it's still not as easy as the RC-20.
    Bottom line - the better deal is the RC-20 unless you have limited space and can run the start/stop footswitch in another place.
    RC-2=$180, RC-20=250 - $70 price difference, though the F/S is another $30 on top of the $180, so technically $40 difference.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal

+1. This is spot on. Not much point in spending $180 on something that impedes your creativity as opposed to $250 on something that really helps it.