question

FancyFacadeFancyFacade Posts: 330
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
is an Epiphone Les Paul Special II a good guitar, or a crappy guitar?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ShwnShwn Posts: 37
    It's good for a beginner, or if you wanted to upgrade the pickups it would be a solid guitar. The only problem is it does not have a set neck.
    "One day we will all be in the soil with no gods to slave to, and no heroes to kill for"
    -Between the Buried and Me
  • FancyFacadeFancyFacade Posts: 330
    what is a set neck?
  • That was my first guitar. And I still have it. Actually the only problem I have with it is tuner quality. Pick-ups are good because they have a different tone, so now it sits in the studio, and is used now and then. Good for feedback too!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • And to continue with the previous. Remember its all about the tone!!!! Jimmy page used cheap guitars that you could be in a sears catalog!!!!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • 2italy2italy Posts: 39
    Originally posted by FancyFacade
    is an Epiphone Les Paul Special II a good guitar, or a crappy guitar?

A friend of mine had an Epiphone Les Paul and did not like it. It may be okay for a beginner's guitar but a gibson les paul studio is awesome if you can save the money for one.
  • Originally posted by FancyFacade
    what is a set neck?

Instead of the neck being bolted on, the neck is glued/dove tailed into place, kinda like an acoustic guitar. Not as easy to replace if the neck breaks, but more sustain, etc....
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!
  • FancyFacadeFancyFacade Posts: 330
    thanks yall, something to think about. :)