pedal order

PerceptionPerception Posts: 19
edited January 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I went out and bought a Boss GE-7 today and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for which order I should put my pedals in? Here's what I gots:

Boss BD-2
Boss GE-7
Crybaby
RP-50(not sure if I want this in there)

Should I also use my amps effects loop? Any benefits to this?

I was tempted to buy a Small Stone too for 99$CA which I think is a pretty good price but I still haven't decided what my next pedal should be. I might try to find decent delay for that price, any suggestions?
Nobody else here, nobody like me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Well, the Graphic EQ can go pretty much anywhere in the chain for different effects, but I would most likely put it first. Especially if you plan to use it as a boost, too.

I always prefer wah before distortion/drive, but other people like exactly the opposite.

I assume the RP50 is the DigiTech modeler? If so, you might not want it in there at all. But if you want to use it, you could set it anywhere, but I'd recommend placing it at the end.

Now, if you did get a Small Stone, I'd put it after the wah and before the 'drive.

So, to re-cap my preferences:

Guitar -> GE-7 -> Crybaby -> Small Stone -> BD-2 -> RP50 -> Amp

Out of all of that, the only thing worth putting into an FX loop is the GE-7. If you ever got a delay or reverb, those are prime candidates for FX loops.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Bump
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...