golf club guitar

Mookie BaylockMookie Baylock Posts: 90
edited September 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
okay gearheads, heres a bizarre question for ya'll. i've been playing guitar most of my life, and this one is new to me. i've been doing some work for a charity auction, and somebody donated an oldish acoustic guitar, not quite sure of the brand, but it played real nice. the only thing about it... its got a golf club throug it, a four word to be exact. someone drilled holes in the body, took the head off the club and put the shaft through, and then reattached the head. does anyone have any idea why someone would do this? does it affect the sound or anything, or is it someones weird attempt at art? anyway, if anyone knows anything, please let me know, the auction organizer is a bit of a hottie, so if i could solve this one, it would be really great for me, hehe.

thanks
"Science has proof without certainty... Religion has certainty without proof"
-Ashley Montagu
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Never heard of such a thing, but it sounds really cool to me.....I'd hang it on my wall if I could (and play it once in a while too).
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!
  • Tell her that it whoever owned it played in a lot of "clubs".

Ahhhhhaaaahhaaahhaaha HAHAHAH ahhhhha hahahaa
    Snort,,, Ahhhaaa,,snort.

:D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • That's still not as unusual as John Fogarty's baseball bat guitar, which is essentially a wide baseball bat cut in half laterally, wired up, fretted, and strung. He uses it for that song "Center Field".

Took a while to find this pic...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/mccreadyisgod/Fogertybaseballguitar.bmp
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.