any bass players help will be appriciated!

mangulmangul Posts: 25
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
i just got a bass guitar and i want to learn how to play it.... i was wondering if there is any software i can get that shows me at least how to pull off some songs to begin..... i know there is guitar pro (or something like that) but i don't know if i can use that for bass as well.........

well thanx alot
"No, not that way, you yuppie scumbag...This way!" McCready grabs the guitar, whips it around his head like it was a woodchopper's axe and brings it crashing down in an explosion of splinter. "There, now you try it."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mulacmulac Posts: 97
    can't help you there...

i just downloaded tabs of songs i liked (and to improve, ones i thought sounded hard) and learned them for fun.

and if you want technique advice there are probably sites for it
    the passenger is life
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by mangul
    i just got a bass guitar and i want to learn how to play it.... i was wondering if there is any software i can get that shows me at least how to pull off some songs to begin..... i know there is guitar pro (or something like that) but i don't know if i can use that for bass as well.........

well thanx alot

Here is a link to online, free interactive bass lessons. It takes you from basics on up. This should help you understand your bass a lot quicker.

http://www.activebass.com/asp/lessons/basics.asp
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • mangulmangul Posts: 25
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Here is a link to online, free interactive bass lessons. It takes you from basics on up. This should help you understand your bass a lot quicker.

http://www.activebass.com/asp/lessons/basics.asp
    thanx dude i'm much thankfull for that!!
    "No, not that way, you yuppie scumbag...This way!" McCready grabs the guitar, whips it around his head like it was a woodchopper's axe and brings it crashing down in an explosion of splinter. "There, now you try it."
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by mangul
    thanx dude i'm much thankfull for that!!

dudette and your welcome. Have fun.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • mangulmangul Posts: 25
    Originally posted by puremagic
    dudette and your welcome. Have fun.

ooh much more interesting!!!;) hehehehe ......i will!!