New Pickups

HeavyMetalNygeHeavyMetalNyge Posts: 144
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have a Squire M77, which is a cheap les paul imitation, but the guitar is actually really comfortable and of decent quality. Anyways, I don't really like the pickups in it and I was wondering what kind of pickups I should replace them with. I want something that just sounds like the classic rock les paul sound, but I also want to be able to get a kind of Jerry Cantrell heavy sound as well. Anyone have any suggestions?
"I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I have a Squire M77, which is a cheap les paul imitation, but the guitar is actually really comfortable and of decent quality. Anyways, I don't really like the pickups in it and I was wondering what kind of pickups I should replace them with. I want something that just sounds like the classic rock les paul sound, but I also want to be able to get a kind of Jerry Cantrell heavy sound as well. Anyone have any suggestions?

Seymour Duncan Jazz and JB would be a good combo for you.

Also Duncan 59's would be excellent.

essentially there are thousands of choices.

check them out at http://www.projectguitar.com go to references and then pickups.

http://www.projectguitar.com/ref/pickup.htm
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • any seymor duncan
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • yeah, the new toyota tacomas are friggin' tight!!!!!!!
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Man...I dunno...all of the PUP's I'd recommend would end up costing more than the guitar :(
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Duncan '59s, Duncan Seth Lovers, DiMarzio PAF's, Gibson Burstbuckers.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.