Thanks for the help

HeavyMetalNygeHeavyMetalNyge Posts: 144
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice on my last couple of posts "Marshall in a box help" and "Transparent solo boost". I thought I'd give a review on some of the things I tried. First of all, I tried the Electro-Harmonix English Muff'n. I really didn't like it as a distortion/overdrive unit. You could definitely tell it was a member of the Big Muff family, but wasn't the Marshall in a box I was looking for. The Radial Tonebone Hot British, on the other hand, was pretty awesome. It really nails the crunch of a high gain Marshall. It's a good choice for someone with a clean amp looking for a really responsive, tube-like distortion.
I have finally figured out how to boost the distortion channel on my Rivera Clubster. I know most people might not care, but for anyone with a two channel amp that has an in series effect loop, this might be helpful. I'm not sure how it would work with a parallel effects loop. Anyways, I tried the Seymour Duncan pickup booster in my effects loop and it does an incredible job of boosting only the volume without any added distortion, since it's after the preamp.
"I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    the way your using the seymour pup booster is the exact same way i use my micro amp :) hope the reply i sent to your pm was of some use. sorry if my reply was rather fuddled as id just woken up and my brain was still in the land of nod :D. (oh and by the way in answer to your question about reverb in the pm the answer is no ;) )
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • Yes you did help, thanks. I don't know what it was about the Boss Super Overdrive, maybe the compression or something? But when I would try to use that as a volume boost in the effects loop, it would change the tone and boost the reverb. Weird. Anyways, the SD Pup Booster works great and I can't wait to try it live.
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    believe if you have it loud enough it`ll blow your socks off! the first time i used my micro amp live thru my marshall 4x12 for a solo i scared myself haha it really did shock me! but in a good way ;) My mate said he thought id actually followed through on stage or something haha.
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?