Which one should I get?

HeavyMetalNygeHeavyMetalNyge Posts: 144
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm going to buy a SansAmp pedal to use for distortion thru my Rivera Clubster 45. I'm deciding between the Tri AC and the GT2. For anyone who knows of these 2, which one should I get?
"I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I'm going to buy a SansAmp pedal to use for distortion thru my Rivera Clubster 45. I'm deciding between the Tri AC and the GT2. For anyone who knows of these 2, which one should I get?

It depends on what you are going for, the Tri AC I believe is foot switchable between the 3 modes which is cool if you want to use all 3 live.

The GT2 is manually switchable between the Tweed, British, and Hot Rod "Boogie" modes. The GT2 is probably cheaper. I take it back the GT2 is more expensive, and is more along the lines of the orignal "sansamp" than the tri AC. The Tri AC is designed to give you those 3 above tones in a foot switchable package, the GT2 adds cabinet mic modelling, and 3 modes per tone structure from clean to hot rodded. It's designed to be able to be used as a preamp and as a direct injection to record.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.